hdrolling, L5P sport Dually build - Page 62 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Build Threads Post Your Build Threads & Progress!

475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #611 of 622 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 04:27 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
For $300, I think I'd go the PA speaker on a CB install route.
I feel like I could better express myself verbally than with a long toot.
Especially when they give the passive aggressive 'Vanna' wrist wave back....after you just shaved 20k miles off of your brake pads.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #612 of 622 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 05:56 PM
Finally! Wheels on!

I had that same horns on my dually. Came in handy when towing my 43ft fifth wheel and some Prius darts and dives causing a near wreck. Good sound.

Itís in my build thread along with how I split the wiring harness and places a selector switch that allowed me to use the factory horn activation on the steering wheel to activate either the train horn or factory horns.

I ran twin viair compressors to a 5 gal tank and had onboard air with a Milton coupler at the rear hitch and an automatic air bag system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hdrolling, TreyZ71 and CDmax16 like this.

The Bus
Looking for OBS interior parts: Graphite color code. (1999-2004 IIRC) Door panels for sure, but let me know what you have

RedNeck Dually Build Thread
Dually Club Member #191
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERWATCH_09 View Post
The perfect storm of incompetence....Nothing more dangerous than a redneck with money.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose2448 View Post
It's really complicated sounding, but it's easier than giving a fat girl a bucket of ice cream.
post #613 of 622 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 08:00 AM

Garage
here are the horns I had on my 2006 Silverado. Unfortunately I didnt take them off when I sold it. I do get the itch to install some on the new truck from time to time. My biggest issue is finding somewhere to mount switches for it. I dont have a center console which is where a lot of people put extra switches. Always like a factory look to the extra switches.

https://hornblasters.com/collections...train-horn-kit

I had designed a stainless steel plate that mounted everything to the frame in the spare tire location.
Attached Images

hdrolling and dlsolo like this.

2019 2500HD LT Crew Cab Duramax

My Build thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #614 of 622 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax_in_SC View Post
here are the horns I had on my 2006 Silverado. Unfortunately I didnt take them off when I sold it. I do get the itch to install some on the new truck from time to time. My biggest issue is finding somewhere to mount switches for it. I dont have a center console which is where a lot of people put extra switches. Always like a factory look to the extra switches.

I had designed a stainless steel plate that mounted everything to the frame in the spare tire location.
That's a real nice setup, but almost twice the price as well. Its almost daily now that i find times that I could have used the horns, now I'm wondering if they would get me into trouble. It wouldn't take long in my small town for everyone to know that my truck is the one blaring the train horns all the time.

I did reach out to one of the company's that makes the 12.1 dash screens, they have their Gen 4 units coming in in Feb/March so I'm going to wait and see whats new.

And I have been debating an Aux fuel tank for the bed, I've found three that are made to work with the retractable bed covers. They are all around $1500 before shipping, I'm still not sure I would need it often enough to justify to price? We are doing a Month long Minimum Camper trip this summer but after that most of out camping is only a tank of fuel away.

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

My build thread https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/b...lly-build.html

GM DRW club member #224
post #615 of 622 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 01:20 PM
Finally! Wheels on!

I had 95 gallons on board between the RDS and factory. Never needed it. Women pee waasayy too often to worry about running low on fuel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lutzjk913, hdrolling and 1TRIKHD like this.

The Bus
Looking for OBS interior parts: Graphite color code. (1999-2004 IIRC) Door panels for sure, but let me know what you have

RedNeck Dually Build Thread
Dually Club Member #191
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERWATCH_09 View Post
The perfect storm of incompetence....Nothing more dangerous than a redneck with money.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose2448 View Post
It's really complicated sounding, but it's easier than giving a fat girl a bucket of ice cream.
post #616 of 622 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 04:04 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
True dat

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #617 of 622 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
So my fuel filter was only about 50% according to the DIC but I decided to put the new cover on anyways.

I didn't notice the last time I changed it but this time when I pulled the filter after all the fuel drained out a black liquid (dirty fuel) came out on the outer filter side. I know it mean my filter has been doing it's job but there was a lot, I wonder how bad it's been blocking the fuel flow?

Since I have plenty of time and their cheap I think I'm going to start changing my filters when they get to 50% from now on.
Attached Images

Black HD and CDmax16 like this.

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

GM DRW club member #224
post #618 of 622 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 06:25 PM

Garage
Looks nice, you know your warranty is void now?? LOL
I have 144 topped up can go Las Vegas to Oregon thru LA easy and put on about 90 in Oregon takes that $3.89 CA fuel out of the picture!
It is a big ass tank. Transferflow but HAVE to have 110% reliability
Attached Images

dlsolo, toxic and Black HD like this.

2019 Chevy Dually Door handles/color matched 110 Gal transfer-flow bed tank / 20"AE wheels Mich. 265/60/20 defender tires /husky rear flaps /cargo box/weathertech mats.tinted glass, xpel on forward surfaces, blacked out pillars
post #619 of 622 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carhauler View Post
Looks nice, you know your warranty is void now?? LOL
I have 144 topped up can go Las Vegas to Oregon thru LA easy and put on about 90 in Oregon takes that $3.89 CA fuel out of the picture!
It is a big ass tank. Transferflow but HAVE to have 110% reliability
Looks great, transferflow was at the top of my list. My issue is I only really tow long distance once or twice a year, and that being a day drive.

Not sure how long it would take to drain the aux tank since the rest of the time I only drive a few miles a day. I normally only fill my truck once or twice a month on the 36 gal.

Would bacteria build too fast if it wasn't getting uses enough?

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

GM DRW club member #224
post #620 of 622 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 09:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
Looks great, transferflow was at the top of my list. My issue is I only really tow long distance once or twice a year, and that being a day drive.

Not sure how long it would take to drain the aux tank since the rest of the time I only drive a few miles a day. I normally only fill my truck once or twice a month on the 36 gal.

Would bacteria build too fast if it wasn't getting uses enough?
Transfer flow is really really good on support and warranty, they have stuff for bacteria and will tell you what is the real story, always deal direct with them in Chico CA , their subs are OK but go to the source, they make alot of different styles and sizes , I have had their tanks for 10 years + and the one problem I had I was in FL and they talked me thru it and then when I got back west took care of me. They are that one place left that knows customer service.
JimmyD and hdrolling like this.

2019 Chevy Dually Door handles/color matched 110 Gal transfer-flow bed tank / 20"AE wheels Mich. 265/60/20 defender tires /husky rear flaps /cargo box/weathertech mats.tinted glass, xpel on forward surfaces, blacked out pillars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in