Coopers custom solutions - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Canada The whole thing

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Coopers custom solutions

Has anyone dealt with Coopers custom solutions in Edmonton, Alberta?

I am looking at options for deleting my 09 LMM. I was going to go with Rob at ATP but I like the idea of having a tuner a bit closer to home. I am getting pretty sick of the regen cycles. It is about the same price for him to tune and install the EFI Live tuning and dsp5 switch as it would cost to order them online and install them myself.

Opinions please!

Thanks

Light Grey 2009 EXT. Cab SLE GMC Z71
Stock + airbags in the rear
To Do List - ASAA
1) EFI Live DSP5/DPF delete via 4 inch turbo back/ EGR Delete <---- Thanks Mitch @ Coopers Customs, Nailed the Hell out of the tuning, lots of smooth power and suddenly much, much better fuel economy, I guess when you don't regen 2 times per tank you are more efficient
2) PCV reroute
2) Level and Tires
3) Boost and pyro gauges <--- EV2 factory Match/pillar pod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 06:23 PM

i just got rob and was more than happy with my choice . ATP has great customer service ! Go with someone reputable

2008 Chevy LMM 2500HD
BDS 7in/ Fox shocks/ Cognito UCA/ Toyo MT 37s/ 20x12
Magnaflow 5in dump & "Idaho Rob" tunes!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 12:47 PM

Bump!

I am also interested in Coopers. Anyone use him?

2008 LTZ LMM 2500hd / 6" RCX lift / DPF delete / Banks Ram air / 21" LED bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 12:49 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Motor-Ops...
Motorops likes this.

~ Mike H.~

2006 2500HD EXTENDED CAB LONGBED
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C20ELEPHANT View Post
Motor-Ops...
Thanks!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2015, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanked View Post
Bump!

I am also interested in Coopers. Anyone use him?

My dad recently bought tunes from him as he could hardly drive his LML, he hasn't had any problems so far and is really happy with Coopers.
Mitch is very helpful and knows what he is talking about. I will most likely get my tunes from him as well.

To Do List - ASAA
1) EFI Live DSP5/DPF delete via 4 inch turbo back/ EGR Delete <---- Thanks Mitch @ Coopers Customs, Nailed the Hell out of the tuning, lots of smooth power and suddenly much, much better fuel economy, I guess when you don't regen 2 times per tank you are more efficient
2) PCV reroute
2) Level and Tires
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 08:11 PM

A guy that I work with has an "optimized stock" tune from him. just a single tune. he is happy with it.

I went with ATP, I am extreemley happy with them, the tunes are awesome and like others have said, the customer service is awesome. I had an issue with my tunes when they first showed up. I had the updated tunes in my inbox within 1/2 an hour of phoning them. Even if you had a local guy do them I don't think you could get an update that quick.

one thing that you would have to consider is cost. with ATP you do need to buy an auto cal or v2. with Cooper he comes to your truck and does it himself right there. so you may be able to save some money that way. (plus there wouldn't be the exchange)

2016 LTZ, Stock (for now)

OLD - 2005 GMC CC/SB - LLY - aFe 4" Turbo Back - aFe MP - Engineer837 Secondary Cooling System - Earl's Tranny Cooler - ISSPro Boost & Pyro in a Triple pod with Insight CS controlling Tunes by IdahoRob - PCV re-route, EGR blocker plate, Clarion NX500 head unit - Hi, Lo, & Fog HID's wired for All on. LED's Everywhere!

2015 Coachman Chaparral X-lite 28bhs
2006 Yamaha Raptor 700
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Thanks Cdn_Blair,

I did some quick calculations and getting the 5 tunes from Coopers with a V2 and having them installed in my truck as well as the DSP5 switch worked out to be cheaper than getting the Tunes and V2 from ATP. So much cheaper that if I don't like his tunes (I think I will judging from a similar truck with 5 of his tunes that I drove) I can buy the tunes from ATP, put them on my V2 and put them in my truck for the same price as just getting them from ATP in the first place. This is mostly due to the exchange and coopers being very reasonable for the Flashscan. I have talked to Mitch a couple times now and for someone who hasnt given him any money yet he has gone out his way to help me. I will update once the tunes are installed and I have a chance to try them out

To Do List - ASAA
2) PCV reroute
2) Level and Tires
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 09:47 PM

I got my 08 tuned last June by Mitch with the DSP5 and autocal. I've been very happy with the tunes and use #5, 90hp as my daily driver.
I've just purchased a new Duramax and have already contacted Mitch for the LML tune.
He's very knowledgeable and has great customer support.
Being from Edmonton, I would highly recommend his tunes!

2008 GMC SIERRA 2500HD CCSB SLE2 SOLD
EFI LIVE DSP5 BY COOPER CUSTOM SOLUTIONS | 52 GALLON TITAN FUEL TANK | 4" AFE EXHAUST | SPYDER HEADLIGHTS, TAIL LIGHTS | UNDERCOVER FLEX TONNEAU COVER

2015.5 GMC SIERRA 3500HD CCSB DENALI HD
SUNTEK PPF CLEAR BRA | 4.5 BDS W/ FOX 2.0 | 4" FLOPRO W/ MUFFLER & TWISTER | EFI LIVE BY COOPERS CUSTOM SOLUTIONS | STOCK DELETED | **SUMMER SETUP** 20X9 XD 811 ROCKSTAR 2 SATIN BLACK | 35X12.5X20 TOYO OPEN COUNTRY M/T | **WINTER SETUP** 20X8 OEM POLISHED ALUMINUM W/ BLACK PLASTI DIP | NOKIAN HAKKAPELIITA LT2 STUDDED 275/65R20 | 57 GALLON TITAN FUEL TANK | UNDERCOVER FLEX TONNEAU COVER
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 02:42 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Another guy you might want to check out is Westers Garage. Lyndon Wester really knows his stuff. He's in Tilley AB.

2011 Silverado 3500HD SRW LML CCSB LTZ. Line-X over the Rail, Rockers and Side Steps, S&B Intake w/Donaldson Powercore G2 Filter & Scoop, Kennedy Twins/W Filter, Edge Insight CTS, Crown Performance SS Brake Lines, PPE Rear Diff Cover, Bushwacker Fender Flares, Cognito Leveling Kit with UCA's & Steering Braces, Rare Parts Tie Rods, Bilstein 5100's, KC Light Bar, Rigid Dually D2's, LT295/70R/18 Terra Grapplers, Allison Deep Trans Pan, Transynd, Suncoast Filter Lock, Retro Solutions 5000K HID's in my Fog Lamps, Snugtop Canopy plus a few other Goodies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in