Who's imported tires from USA into Canada? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Canada The whole thing

1Likes
  • 1 Post By cdub311

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED

Who's imported tires from USA into Canada?

I'm due for new tires. I'm thinking about buying tires down in Kalispell next time I go.
Does anyone know how much duty they ding you with at the Canadian border?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 11:47 AM
Most Known Unknown

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 12:33 PM

Why can't you just have them mounted up and just roll thru, like nothing unusual is going on?
jwcgmc1985 likes this.

2006 GMC LBZ CCLB PPE down pipe 5" after the cat. PPE airbox mod. ATP EFI Live DSP5. CTS 2. Air Dog 165-4G.
Leveled with Bilstien 5160 front 5100 rear. PYO wheels with 285/75/16 AT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub311 View Post
Why can't you just have them mounted up and just roll thru, like nothing unusual is going on?
That's an option. But I'd like to know how much duty would cost me too see if it's worth the risk. I don't want to get flagged at the border. Then get hassled every time I cross.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 05:12 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ 72 View Post
That's an option. But I'd like to know how much duty would cost me too see if it's worth the risk. I don't want to get flagged at the border. Then get hassled every time I cross.
If you're going to buy the tires in the U.S. then having them mounted down there is the best bet as long as you don't have to bring back your old tires. I've done this several times with no issues at the border, They would have a hard time proving you bought them there to begin with. Who's to say you didn't buy new tires before you entered the U.S.. It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.
In answer to your original question, You would not be charged any duty as long as the tires were made in the U.S., but the catch is vey few tires are made in the U.S., I think the only ones are Goodyear and some Cooper models.

Here's a link to a tire company in Canada that has good pricing and real cheap if not free shipping.

https://pmctire.com/en

2011 Silverado 3500HD SRW LML CCSB LTZ. Line-X over the Rail, Rockers and Side Steps, S&B Intake w/Donaldson Powercore G2 Filter & Scoop, Kennedy Twins/W Filter, Edge Insight CTS, Crown Performance SS Brake Lines, PPE Rear Diff Cover, Bushwacker Fender Flares, Cognito Leveling Kit with UCA's & Steering Braces, Rare Parts Tie Rods, Bilstein 5100's, KC Light Bar, Rigid Dually D2's, LT295/70R/18 Terra Grapplers, Allison Deep Trans Pan, Transynd, Suncoast Filter Lock, Retro Solutions 5000K HID's in my Fog Lamps, Snugtop Canopy plus a few other Goodies.

Last edited by Jacqson; 06-14-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode