side street 40-70 MPH vs a 24v Dodge cummins - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Competition Discuss Drag Racing, Sled Pulling, and Dyno Event setup, technique, and results.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

side street 40-70 MPH vs a 24v Dodge cummins

Wasn't really expecting it but he pulled up next to me and honked 3 times. The road was clear, (otherwise it would have been out of the question for me) so I dropped it into manual 3rd gear and while the start wasn't very even, we took off. He pulled on me after 2 seconds, walking away. not bad, but definitely walking away. He had aftermarket exhaust of some sort and it was very grunty with loud turbo sound No idea what tune he was running as I can easily pull away from 12 and 24V stock cummins. (this was the mid to late 90s style truck) I have a 08 LMM stock except for my hypertech tuner. I was on setting 1 of my Hypertech tuner (tow) and of course the hypertech doesn't let you program on the fly, it takes 5-10 min to revert to stock or 2-3 min to move to stage/setting 2 or 3, and have to be at a stop with the truck off. I am pretty sure I could have kept up or even maybe got ahead of him on stage 2 and definitely 3 but who knows what secrets he had. Anyway, we caught up with traffic and I wasn't going to push it any further than 70 MPH on that type of road with residential cross streets coming up so I backed off, gave him a courtesy/good job flash of the headlights and he soon pulled off onto a side street. I'm not much of a street racer, I prefer Bandimere Speedway for that kind of stuff and I reminded myself of that and that I really did not buy this truck to race so don't do something like that again in that situation. Nice to get the adrenaline going a little though. If I run into him again, we'll see what kind of sport he is and if he'd like to go up to Bandimere sometime to go side by side. Always looking to meet new Diesel friends if they are cool.

2008 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab Z71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« Best turbo | - »
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode