6.4 tuned vs lb7 - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Competition Discuss Drag Racing, Sled Pulling, and Dyno Event setup, technique, and results.

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh154 View Post
H&s isn't as good as Spartan or sct I believe. I know Spartan tunes are hard on transmissions. The 6.4s can move though. They have the air and fuel but stretch head bolts easily. To the op though your lb7 should take it for sure. I was looking at different threads and a lot of guys say they run 12.8's - 13.5 depending on tires etc. I hope my buddy gets his trans re built this winter. His 6.4 310 tune should be about dead on with my max effort 230 built trans.
Yes I agree they are fast for the little work they do to them he only payed 200 for the single tune. Wish I had stock twins..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 07:33 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Yes I agree they are fast for the little work they do to them he only payed 200 for the single tune. Wish I had stock twins..
Lol right. How big is his single tune? I'm guessing it's not very big if it's a single tune. Most single tunes aren't big for towing.

08 CCSB LMM - HSP s369sxe, s&s 10mm cp3, built trans with 1058, Danville tuned. SOLD

18 CCSB Z71 LTZ 1500 - 6.2, 8 speed trans, s&b intake, elite engineering e2x ultra catch can SOLD

16 CCSB Z71 LTZ 2500 - SDP cp3 conversion, exergy sportsman, SDP y bridge intake and intercooler pipes, FASS titanium 165, 5Ē jamo straight pipe, UDP tuned

12.97 @ 103.73
post #33 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh154 View Post
Quote:
Lol right. How big is his single tune? I'm guessing it's not very big if it's a single tune. Most single tunes aren't big for towing.
He said that it is 310hp single tune. He does haul trailers sometimes. Idk maybe thats why he has it defuel at shift points to save his trans a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 10:30 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

My cousin ran a [email protected] in his '10 6.4 CCSB on the H&S 310 tune. Stock fuel, stock trans, stock turbos.

The trans, turbos, and head gaskets didn't last long, but he still had dozens of passes in the twelves.

You should have a good shot at him considering you are way lighter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Josh154 likes this.

2005 LLY CC/SB
Big Dipper Trans
Bullseye S366

[email protected] w/ stock injectors, stock cp3

2005 LLY EC/SB
Built motor
Triple turbo
Limitless Diesel Comp Trans
100% injectors

[email protected] Fuel only
post #35 of 78 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 02:57 PM

Just to clear things up here. I find it hard to believe anybody is running a 12.4 stock everything 6.4. I have one and mine my best is 12.903 @104. I'm on stock fuel, stock trans and I'm running a batmowheel in the low pressure turbo. Also had 420s, traction bars and dropped two inches, Ccsb weighed in at 8160. I've only made 6 runs total so I'm sure with some weight loss and some more practice I could get a couple tenths faster. 12.8- 13.4 is what most tuned only 6.4s will run depending on tires. [email protected] is arguably the best tuner for the 6.4 as you can run custom tunes with it. Spartan is good as far as power but they lack in the trans tuning department. Sct has shitty canned tunes but has the best support for custom tuning. Take whatever you want from this but this should help out. OP, I think it will be a close race if he man's up and does it but with your mods you probably have the win. And yes if he isn't careful he will be putting a new motor in it.
post #36 of 78 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 05:37 PM
DuramaxForum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fteenthousand View Post
Just to clear things up here. I find it hard to believe anybody is running a 12.4 stock everything 6.4. I have one and mine my best is 12.903 @104. I'm on stock fuel, stock trans and I'm running a batmowheel in the low pressure turbo. Also had 420s, traction bars and dropped two inches, Ccsb weighed in at 8160. I've only made 6 runs total so I'm sure with some weight loss and some more practice I could get a couple tenths faster. 12.8- 13.4 is what most tuned only 6.4s will run depending on tires. [email protected] is arguably the best tuner for the 6.4 as you can run custom tunes with it. Spartan is good as far as power but they lack in the trans tuning department. Sct has shitty canned tunes but has the best support for custom tuning. Take whatever you want from this but this should help out. OP, I think it will be a close race if he man's up and does it but with your mods you probably have the win. And yes if he isn't careful he will be putting a new motor in it.
what were your 60' times

Procharged Vette Lil Tiny Twin Turbo V6 & Jeep YJ Crawler

04.5 LLY - 06 LBZ - 72 C10 LBZ & A Couple Other Nameless Diesels!
post #37 of 78 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 05:55 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fteenthousand View Post
Here is a slip, his truck was left lane, mine was right. Stock everything. Rolling on 35's. Believe what you want but I have seen his truck run mid twelves at least two dozen times before blowing the trans. First pass with the mpd built trans he blew the atmo and still ran a 12.49. Wound up selling the truck after going through three radiators, head gaskets, both turbos, trans build.

On the trailer headed to mpd after losing the trans

2005 LLY CC/SB
Big Dipper Trans
Bullseye S366

[email protected] w/ stock injectors, stock cp3

2005 LLY EC/SB
Built motor
Triple turbo
Limitless Diesel Comp Trans
100% injectors

[email protected] Fuel only

Last edited by CaptPhil; 01-03-2016 at 05:58 PM.
post #38 of 78 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPhil View Post
Here is a slip, his truck was left lane, mine was right. Stock everything. Rolling on 35's. Believe what you want but I have seen his truck run mid twelves at least two dozen times before blowing the trans. First pass with the mpd built trans he blew the atmo and still ran a 12.49. Wound up selling the truck after going through three radiators, head gaskets, both turbos, trans build.

On the trailer headed to mpd after losing the trans

Nice. There's very few that will do that. Especially so consistently. I'm impressed. Do you know what it weighed?
post #39 of 78 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:
what were your 60' times
My best was 1.8 something. I forget. Gotta find my slips.
post #40 of 78 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 06:58 PM

Capt. Phil, do you know who tuned it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode