First time sled puller - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Competition Discuss Drag Racing, Sled Pulling, and Dyno Event setup, technique, and results.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Forum Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to bumfoozled
First time sled puller

Hey guys,

Ive run my truck on the drag strip a couple times and done well, got a powerstroke friend talking smack about a upcoming sled pull. Two questions, should I run 4 wheel low or high, some say I need the torque of low and some say I need the wheel spin of high. Also, my Kory tunes run best on the strip and pulling on street hot, is this the best tune to use? Ive got max effort but the street hot seems to perform better. See sig for mods, and yes my tie rods are sleeved. Thanks in advance.

2011 silver Chevy 2500hd LTZ LML CCSB Z71
H&S XRT Pro with 5 PPEI (Kory) tunes http://www.ppei.com / Flo-Pro 4" downpipe back and 5" black chrome tip / diamond eye downpipe / LB7 up pipe / EGR deleted and removed / PCV reroute and resonator delete / Allison deep pan / FASS platinum 150 gph / Nictane w/cat 1R0750 filter /Amsoil Dual Remote Oil Filter / AFE cold air intake /Sinister Intake Bridge/ Solid axle industries rear diff. cover / Rough Country tie rod sleeves / Pro-Comp steering stabilizer / Ranch hand bullnose front bumper w/ KCs / Ranch hand summit rear bumper / 18" Pro Comp Black xtreme alloys 5" offset w/ 275/70 r 18 Nitto TG's / Autometer Phantom II gauges on pillar mount (fuel rail press., boost, pyro) / Pioneer - JL Audio & a whole bunch of other crap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode