Raced a SRT Demon....WON. - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Competition Discuss Drag Racing, Sled Pulling, and Dyno Event setup, technique, and results.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By LML6600DMAX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Raced a SRT Demon....WON.

Couldn't decide the best place to post this so I will post it here.

I re-powered my 38' Donzi ZX a couple seasons ago and sold one of the engines to my buddy. He decided to rebuild it and install in his 1992 Chevy 454SS Truck.....wow.....what a beast. 632 inch Tall Deck Big Block Chevrolet....1000hp with mufflers in a beautiful truck.

So we are out cruising last night in the 454SS, and as luck would have it, pull up next to a shiny new SRT Demon at a light.....first one I have seen. Young kid, hot girlfriend, cocky, more money than brains, urban metro type. Roll's down his window and says to my buddy "Hey Grandpa, wanna run"? My buddy left him at the light so hard my glasses came off my face....LOL....the world went sideways.

Up to the next stop sign, kid rolls down windows again, cocky look gone, girlfriend smirking, says "Hey I wasn't ready, lets do it again"....my buddy says "Cool....when you're ready go"...guy says "You mean I go first"? my buddy says "Sure, when you are ready to go, go". Window rolls up slowly, dude looks REALLY worried now. He goes, and we are next to him almost instantly, and walk from his ass. He turns off before the next light.....LMFAO.

Curious.....to have a Demon now, what do you guys think he (or more likely his rich Daddy) paid? Can you even get insurance on them?

I love the idea of Dodge's SRT's, but, you could buy a used, low mile Challenger, add $25K for performance upgrades, and blow away a SRT Demon for half the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 09:38 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Got any pics of the truck...had to be one satisfying feeling blowing his doors off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sierraluva likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

I would have been more impressed had you got the girl...

Name is Matt, 2011 2500HD XCSB LTZ LML >130k...Kory Willis PPEI tunes, Edge CTS2, S&B cold air intake, 4" Flo-Pro straight pipe stainless, 5" mbrp tip, egr block, pcv re-route, Sinister resonator block plate..275/70/18 TOYO A/T II , Helper air bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 11:32 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
"Let's go ag'in...I wasn't ready"

"okay, go. got room here, yo date wanna ride?"

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

My buddies 92 454SS is worth about $25K + $30K in mods......the truck stops traffic, and traps 150 mph in the 1/4 with no power adders (he's mulling over a 250hp NOS setup just for "insurance") I don't think I've ever been in anything faster on the street.....and he built it himself like a lot of us do. He retired from the Navy last year, and that guy bangs more flaps in 1 year than I do in 5. The player has game and parties at his house are legendary shit shows.

He's been telling me for years that women are more and more going for older men....ie women chose men with "skills" over men without. I think he's right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode