Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Estimates on the power I'm making??

3K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  CowboyElvis 
#1 ·
Ok, so I bought this truck recently, lot of work went into it, but it was never dynoed. Here's the list
ARP studs
Engine breather kit
20% injectors
83mm borgwarner turbo
4" down into 5" exhaust
5" SDP intake
100hp tune
CP3 fuel pump
FASS 150 fuel system
Sun coast stage 3 transmission

no idea what the power would be and nearest dyno to me is over 2 hours away. Just curious if maybe you comp guys might have a better idea?

#6 ·
Yes I love big singles! Haha. Need to throw more fuel at that thing. I'd go at least 60 or 100 and leave the stock cp3 as your limiter for now depending on what year motor you have pistons or rods will be the thing to worry about. Stock cp3 should do low to mid 600s. What converter do you have and what's the specs on the charger? Whose doing the tuning? I would have them change the shift points for the transmission, and the speed the converter locks up at when cruising so it's easier to stay ontop the charger.

#7 ·
I agree, I had blake bump up the rpm to hell stay on top of my 72mm and its not that laggy at all.. 100 overs are like 60's now Nic. Lol. Do 150s at least.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Well for now this is my daily driver so I'm not trying to go crazy just yet. My buddy who I got the truck from is in the navy, hes on a sub some where so it'll be a while before I get the trans specs other than the build receipt. It was tuned and built at a diesel shop in Danville, CT. And the cp3 is not stock but I don't know what exactly was put in, I'll get the details soon hopefully

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.