Power and Longevity 05 LLY - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Competition Discuss Drag Racing, Sled Pulling, and Dyno Event setup, technique, and results.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By SilverGorillaLML

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Power and Longevity 05 LLY

First post take it easy on me guys. The goal I have for my LLY is for it to be a good DD with the capability of making 600-650hp. Not interested in taking shortcuts, I’m hoping for this truck to be around for awhile. Do not plan on sled pulls or running for track times. Just looking for the best route to a bullet proof 650hp pickup. Here’s my list of plans. It would be great to hear some feedback from dudes with more knowledge.
- Y bridge w/ hot & cold side pipes (WCFab)
- Manifold w/ uppipes (ProFab)
- Fass 165 Lift Pump
- Kryptonite Stage 4 front end build
- Built Tranny (Mike L?)
- 40 over injectors
- modified single cp3
- fleece cheetah (street)
- EFI Custom tuning.

I know more HP usually means more maintenance and problems. Anything you guys could say to help would be great. Fuel/Air/Tranny/Steering/Suspension/General Maintenance. An order of mods would be great too but at a certain point they become opinionated.

2005 LLY 160k
Stock until 120k
S&B Turbo Inlet & CAI
MBRP 3 down & 4in Exhaust
Built T-Case at 150k w/ pump rub kit
PPE Ported fuel rail fitting & race plug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higson14 View Post
The goal I have for my LLY is for it to be a good DD with the capability of making 600-650hp.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMLLover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higson14 View Post
The goal I have for my LLY is for it to be a good DD with the capability of making 600-650hp.
Okay, I’ll put it this way. A build I can run a hot tune on and lay down 600-650 without worry. The rest of the time it’s on a smaller tune running 500-600 with minimal problems. I plan on building it for more it can handle and driving on smaller tunes most the time. I know around that power a lot of engine issues can arise so I’m even considering rods. Head studs are a no brainer at that point. I just don’t want to get much into the engine as I’m not really chasing much more than stock internals can handle. 600 is a good goal but it wouldn’t be driven every day on a 600 tune. Should’ve explained better

2005 LLY 160k
Stock until 120k
S&B Turbo Inlet & CAI
MBRP 3 down & 4in Exhaust
Built T-Case at 150k w/ pump rub kit
PPE Ported fuel rail fitting & race plug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 03:02 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Built trans from Mike L, evan at limitless, or big dipper
60 overs from s&s or exergy
Just put sleeves on the stock tie rods and a dhd brace that will handle what you throw at it
If you want to stay vgt go with mark from danvile over fleece
Imo leave the stock cp3 if its healthy. It will do 600s and can be used as your "limiter".
Grade c gaskets and studs. Llys are known for headgasket issues.
Start saving for a bottom end build. Skip everything else you listed as the gains will be minimal compared to the cost. Yes the up pipes n manifolds y bridge etc will help with spool and egts but Save it for rods, pistons, and machine shop work cause you will need it down the road.
I wouldnt mess with rods until you build the entire bottom end. Everything would have to be balanced anyways. I know some llys that make some good power and are on the stock bottom end. Its all in the tuner and setup. If you want the stock rods to stay around a little longer I'd look into a s400 setup as the vgt will have torque down low and spool fast no matter who's tuning it and bottom ends no likey that.
Noble_dmax likes this.

Nic
2011 GMC Sierra 2500 cc/sb LML Quicksilver
Has some stuff to make it go fast and blow up sooner.
2 Banks performance dpf's, 2.5 egr coolers, 3 Def tanks filled with meth, custom hot air intake, snail mod,
garden hose ran from fass, 16 John deere injectors, 22x16-378 forces, and like sooo many stickers brah

Wiles Diesel Performance
Woodstock, Va

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode