A COUPLE lbz's If Interested - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
CraigsList / eBay Finds Find something cool relating to GM diesel trucks on eBay? Post it!

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hook'em_Horns!
  • 1 Post By Hook'em_Horns!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

A COUPLE lbz's If Interested

Found these on Craigs List, both at a dealership so I don't believe a scam:

https://batonrouge.craigslist.org/ct...647929842.html

https://batonrouge.craigslist.org/ct...647897760.html

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 01:20 PM

My buddy called and talked to them about both trucks. The grey one is two wheel drive which is why it is so cheap. I don't remember the details on the white one.

06 LBZ CCSB, EFI by Danville,3" downpipe, MBRP 5" stainless exhaust, 64mm TDI built turbo, Full EGR delete, PCV Reroute, Transgo JR, Goerend DK Torque Converter, FASS Titanium.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 03:47 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin64 View Post
My buddy called and talked to them about both trucks. The grey one is two wheel drive which is why it is so cheap. I don't remember the details on the white one.
And yet the listing says that it is push button 4x4. Once there is one known error in the ad it brings the whole listing into question. If someone lived close by and was interested it might be worth a look but it isn't worth going very far for it.

I've been looking at this which is near me:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...93239797443274

More miles but the new body style, which I prefer. It has a demolition derby bumper and a nice flat bed. I haven't actually seen the truck in person but I gather that it is a little rough. He already dropped his price by $500. I would offer him $7500 and I bet he would take it. It's been listed for a while now.

Does anyone know if the 2007 new body style is emissions controlled like the 2008 and beyond? I don't think it had to be but I don't know if it is just to have everything in the new package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin64 View Post
I posted them because they were both Significantly less expensive than the ridiculously priced ones Ive seen listed elsewhere. Some up to 28-30,000.

But Im with Wizard, I also prefer the new body style, as you can see from my signature.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 07:23 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizterwizard View Post

Does anyone know if the 2007 new body style is emissions controlled like the 2008 and beyond? I don't think it had to be but I don't know if it is just to have everything in the new package.
There is a reason why in '07, they offered two body styles, Classic and NBS.
It was to run down to the hour of new Diesel EPA emission rules....midnight 12-31-06 (LBZ)....after, and the engine had to have a DPF (LMM).

So no. A NBS '07 Dmax, a.k.a. an '07.5, production date was after 01-01-07.
mizterwizard likes this.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 07:58 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
It was to run down to the hour of new Diesel EPA emission rules....midnight 12-31-06 (LBZ)....after, and the engine had to have a DPF (LMM).

I've been looking for a compatible truck to go with the LMM wreck I have that I want to rebuild. I like the new body style much better so I didn't want to go to an LBZ but since the 2007.5 is new body style and LBZ too I may have to actually go look at the truck. I don't have the money saved up yet but now I'm even more tempted to go overboard and borrow.

Life isn't ever easy.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 08:15 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizterwizard View Post
....but since the 2007.5 is new body style and LBZ too I may have to actually go look at the truck.
That's what you got from my post??

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 12:58 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
That's what you got from my post??
Actually what you posted could be taken either way. The language was a bit mixed up. I thought that was what you meant. I sent a message to the guy with the truck asking for a picture of the RPO label and vin to verify my interpretation. I thought if I responded as I did then if I was wrong you would correct me. Again what you posted is a bit ambiguous but this time I think you mean that I misinterpreted your intent. ?????

Quote:

I thought the date you posted, 12-31-06, might be a typo and you meant 12-31-07. Otherwise why were there classics available for the first half of the year? Did they have that much over production?

My question was: "Does anyone know if the 2007 new body style is emissions controlled like the 2008 and beyond?" Your answer was: "So no." I took from that that the 2007 new body style is not emissions controlled like the 2008.

Upon further contemplation of your reply I see that you are saying that the 2007 classic was an LBZ and produced right up until the end of 2006. Since the production dates and the introduction of next years models is about 3 months ahead of the actual calendar, what GM did was to continue to produce what was essentially the 2006 model Classic LBZ for three months into the 2007 model year. That created the 2007 Classic LBZ. Then they switched to the 2007.5 LMM at the last moment. Since the model year had already begun they had to call it a 2007.5.

Is this what you meant?

Last edited by mizterwizard; 08-04-2018 at 01:15 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 07:08 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Winner Winner

More than just a few months, I think they gear up in July for new model output.
But there was an added bonus to the limited '07 Classic LBZ production, unlike the '06 model which had a 100k engine warranty w/ the new 6-speed tap shift trans, the '07 model's warranty changed to include the whole powertrain for the 100k warranty.

Meaningless now, after all these years have passed, but at the time, made it special with the Trans now included.
mizterwizard likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode