Diode Dynamics: SL1 LED Headlights for Chevrolet Silverado! USA Made! See Video! - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendors

In our latest video, we answer one of the most popular questions about headlight upgrades: Which is better, HID or LED? Check it out!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 06:27 AM

I have to be honest. I'm for the most part disappointed in DD products. Customer service is top notch, product on the other, questionable at best right now. Couple months ago I had a relay go bad on my light bar harness. DD replaced the whole harness no questions asked. Last month I had a fog light burn out and haven't had a chance to call in the warranty and have it replaced because I've been busy and it's a fog light. Just this past week now one of my SL1 headlights started going. Something in the bulb is failing and the bulb is now half the brightness as the other one and no longer has the fan/relay sound when they turn on. All this stuff is less than a year old.

2015 LML CCSB with a few options.
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squished View Post
I have to be honest. I'm for the most part disappointed in DD products. Customer service is top notch, product on the other, questionable at best right now. Couple months ago I had a relay go bad on my light bar harness. DD replaced the whole harness no questions asked. Last month I had a fog light burn out and haven't had a chance to call in the warranty and have it replaced because I've been busy and it's a fog light. Just this past week now one of my SL1 headlights started going. Something in the bulb is failing and the bulb is now half the brightness as the other one and no longer has the fan/relay sound when they turn on. All this stuff is less than a year old.
I'm sincerely sorry for the repeated issues you've experienced. Whatever it's worth, that is NOT reflective of our commitment to quality and reliability. I know what a headache failures can be, and apologize for the hassle.

And thank you for the kind words about our service team, they will be more than happy to get anything else taken care of. In the meantime, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM if I can answer any questions directly.

Thank you again for your patience!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
I'm sincerely sorry for the repeated issues you've experienced. Whatever it's worth, that is NOT reflective of our commitment to quality and reliability. I know what a headache failures can be, and apologize for the hassle.

And thank you for the kind words about our service team, they will be more than happy to get anything else taken care of. In the meantime, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM if I can answer any questions directly.

Thank you again for your patience!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics
Thanks Jake. I'm wondering if it's in the New England climate I'm in? Can you help me get these two things replaced? H11 SL1 bulb for the headlight and the fog is the SLF in Yellow.

2015 LML CCSB with a few options.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squished View Post
Thanks Jake. I'm wondering if it's in the New England climate I'm in? Can you help me get these two things replaced? H11 SL1 bulb for the headlight and the fog is the SLF in Yellow.
Great question! We engineer and test our products to perform in essentially any climate, so I can't imagine that's the root cause.

And I'd be happy to forward your information to our service team, since they will ultimately be the ones to submit the RMA for you. Feel free to shoot me a PM with your order #, or send it to them at [email protected]!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 11:24 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96redvettelt4 View Post
Do you offer anything for the 2015 GMC 2500HD Denali headlights?
This is my question as well. The Denali headlights suck!
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETPIG View Post
This is my question as well. The Denali headlights suck!
Great question!

According to our data, the 2015 2500 uses a 9012-size dual filament bulb, which means the SL1 wouldn't be compatible. We are working on a dual filament version of the SL1, but it's not available just yet.

In the meantime, I'd definitely recommend checking out our plug-and-play HID Conversion Kit. The Sierra's projector will be able to harness the light pretty efficiently, and you'll have FAR more light output than stock.

Hope this helps!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 06-25-2019 at 07:44 AM.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendors

Measuring Headlight Output | Diode Dynamics

How are headlight output patterns measured at the factory level? How do you test to see if a headlight is meeting SAE and DOT beam pattern requirements? Here at Diode Dynamics, we've invested in a goniometer to accurately measure and map the entire beam pattern and ensure our products are adding light output without adding extra glare.

Check out the video to see how it works!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:40 PM

I ordered a set of these for my 2015 Chevy 2500HD High Beams to replace some old VLeds that I installed a few years ago. I fought it for almost 2 hours, even pulled one headlight housing out of the truck. Unfortunately the 9005 SL1's will not fit the 2015-2019 HD high beam headlights due to the front of the fan housing bottoming out on the bulb socket before its seated all the way. I compared to the standard 9005 bulb, and the space (gap) between the back of the retaining ring and face of the fan housing is smaller than that of the retaining ring and front of the plug on a standard 9005 bulb. Sucks, I really wanted these to work in my truck. I put them in my wife's car (also 9005 high beams and they are awesome).

2015 LTZ 2500HD
Complete LED Conversion|AMPs|EDGE Insight CTS2 |D2S 4.0 Retrofit/Rigid R2-36 Fogs|Rigid Dually/SR-M Ground Lights, A Series Bumper Step Lights|AirDog II|S&B Intake w/ Volant Donaldson Powercore G2 Filter|Mag-Hytec Diff Cover|Mobil Delvac ATF|Rotella T6|PCV Reroute

SOLD
2012 Chevrolet 2500HD
TRex Bumper Grill|Complete LED Conversion|H&S Mini Max|EDGE Insight CTS w/ Mount|EZ Down|5K HID Fogs|Rigid Dually/SR-M Ground Lights|AirDog II|S&B Intake w/ Volant Donaldson Powercore G2 Filter|Mag-Hytec Diff Cover|Mobil Delvac ATF|WeatherTech Tailgate Liner|Mobil 1 TDT
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateDiesel12 View Post
I ordered a set of these for my 2015 Chevy 2500HD High Beams to replace some old VLeds that I installed a few years ago. I fought it for almost 2 hours, even pulled one headlight housing out of the truck. Unfortunately the 9005 SL1's will not fit the 2015-2019 HD high beam headlights due to the front of the fan housing bottoming out on the bulb socket before its seated all the way. I compared to the standard 9005 bulb, and the space (gap) between the back of the retaining ring and face of the fan housing is smaller than that of the retaining ring and front of the plug on a standard 9005 bulb. Sucks, I really wanted these to work in my truck. I put them in my wife's car (also 9005 high beams and they are awesome).
I'm sorry you ran into that! But that's great that you had a second vehicle to use them in.

Out of curiosity, was the 9005 SL1 listed for your truck on one of our dealer's websites? We don't list the 9005-size SL1 for the 2015-2019 HD high beams for the reason you described, and I'm hoping nobody in our network does!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode