(LBZ)Drag Racing - Stock to Smokin Results - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
 14Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Fanatic
 
DaJokr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Prince George, BC
Posts: 6,635
(LBZ)Drag Racing - Stock to Smokin Results

So I'm going to do this for those that wanna know what there truck could potentially run in the 1/4 mile. And since I'm about to start the performance upgrading side of things on my ride, I figured I'd better get this started now. First race will be this Saturday, all subsequent races will be held on the same track. I'll post elevation once I get it, post temp according to the truck at the time of the runs, tire pressure used, and weight of the truck as depending on my fuel tank I could be lighter or heavier.

Here's the setup that won't change:

CCSB LBZ 4x4
265/75R16 Toyo OC A/T II
Stock alloy wheels
No lift, stock suspension

I did add Stanadyne performance my last few tanks, so that will affect results. But I'll get a day of runs in without it as well to see what changes it actually makes.

I will update this as mods are added. At this time I have ordered an airdog and efi. I would like to do a track day with just the AD to see if there is an small increase or not. I dont think I can test with just efi after the AD is installed, but I will try to find a way before doing runs with both efi and the AD together.

Hope this is useful to some. At the least I will track my performance improvements and accept critique from the experts.

I'll try to get video as well with the gopro, but I have no idea what editing oft ware to use or how large a file can be to upload to YouTube, so anyone reading this that cn help me, please PM me, do not post here, that way we can hopefully keep this thread uncluttered.

That's all until Saturday evening/Sunday.

Beastly Build
LBZ Drag Racing
2006 GMC LBZ 4x4 CC/SB
1/4 Mile [email protected]
1.793 60'
DIED 09/19/17 11:02AM
REVIVED 12/21/17 3:57PM
DaJokr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 04:40 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Posts: 1,673
Just put it on kill for stock trans and let it eat. Your not going to see any difference with a cetane booster and an Airdog.
lowstroke23 is offline  
post #3 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 04:42 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast
 
Cknight199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bluffdale Utah
Posts: 3,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJokr View Post
So I'm going to do this for those that wanna know what there truck could potentially run in the 1/4 mile. And since I'm about to start the performance upgrading side of things on my ride, I figured I'd better get this started now. First race will be this Saturday, all subsequent races will be held on the same track. I'll post elevation once I get it, post temp according to the truck at the time of the runs, tire pressure used, and weight of the truck as depending on my fuel tank I could be lighter or heavier.

Here's the setup that won't change:

CCSB LBZ 4x4
265/75R16 Toyo OC A/T II
Stock alloy wheels
No lift, stock suspension

I did add Stanadyne performance my last few tanks, so that will affect results. But I'll get a day of runs in without it as well to see what changes it actually makes.

I will update this as mods are added. At this time I have ordered an airdog and efi. I would like to do a track day with just the AD to see if there is an small increase or not. I dont think I can test with just efi after the AD is installed, but I will try to find a way before doing runs with both efi and the AD together.

Hope this is useful to some. At the least I will track my performance improvements and accept critique from the experts.

I'll try to get video as well with the gopro, but I have no idea what editing oft ware to use or how large a file can be to upload to YouTube, so anyone reading this that cn help me, please PM me, do not post here, that way we can hopefully keep this thread uncluttered.

That's all until Saturday evening/Sunday.
The airdog doesn't effect any fuel pressure... So it won't change anything horsepower wise.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App

LBZ, Built Motor. S483, Plenty of fuel.
Cknight199 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Fanatic
 
DaJokr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Prince George, BC
Posts: 6,635
People say they have increased throttle response. This makes me think it's possible to shave time, minute as it may be. And unless someone can prove to me a cetane booster won't change anything, then I'm going to find out myself.

This thread will help eliminate misinformation with proof. How about we actually find out, where there is proof to back up and disprove, rather then the usual "there isn't going to be any difference".

If nothing else, can't I have some fun testing theories, so when others ask we can all say "someone did that, it doesn't help" or "if you do that, it will help a little..."

Humor me here guys. I'm going to supply proof with slips to compare this all.


No one is forcing you to read what you seem to think is a pointless thread. Just saying.

Beastly Build
LBZ Drag Racing
2006 GMC LBZ 4x4 CC/SB
1/4 Mile [email protected]
1.793 60'
DIED 09/19/17 11:02AM
REVIVED 12/21/17 3:57PM
DaJokr is offline  
post #5 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 05:11 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast
 
Cknight199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bluffdale Utah
Posts: 3,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJokr View Post
People say they have increased throttle response. This makes me think it's possible to shave time, minute as it may be. And unless someone can prove to me a cetane booster won't change anything, then I'm going to find out myself.

This thread will help eliminate misinformation with proof. How about we actually find out, where there is proof to back up and disprove, rather then the usual "there isn't going to be any difference".

If nothing else, can't I have some fun testing theories, so when others ask we can all say "someone did that, it doesn't help" or "if you do that, it will help a little..."

Humor me here guys. I'm going to supply proof with slips to compare this all.


No one is forcing you to read what you seem to think is a pointless thread. Just saying.
I understand, but its very hard to come up with proof because of time slips... I ran a 13.6 with my hitch on and a 13.594 with it off. Now do I think the hitch did anything? I would like it to, but really I could have reacted differently or launched 1 psi more or have had my tires psi a little higher for speed. With minute changes at the drag strip, people can say its "human error" unless your 100% consistent which is near to impossible. An airdog won't give you that jump in time down the track. If anything it'll be in the .0xx if it even effects a hundredth of a second.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App

LBZ, Built Motor. S483, Plenty of fuel.
Cknight199 is offline  
post #6 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Junior Member
 
BlackToTheMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lafayette Indiana
Posts: 188
Sounds like a good idea to me! I'm interested

2011 LML
BlackToTheMax is offline  
post #7 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Fanatic
 
DaJokr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Prince George, BC
Posts: 6,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cknight199 View Post
I understand, but its very hard to come up with proof because of time slips... I ran a 13.6 with my hitch on and a 13.594 with it off. Now do I think the hitch did anything? I would like it to, but really I could have reacted differently or launched 1 psi more or have had my tires psi a little higher for speed. With minute changes at the drag strip, people can say its "human error" unless your 100% consistent which is near to impossible. An airdog won't give you that jump in time down the track. If anything it'll be in the .0xx if it even effects a hundredth of a second.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I realize that. I hoped that 4 hours running one setup would give a clearer picture, averaging 15 runs you would think it would be more accurate then say, 3. I know it's not perfect. But it's something to do on a Saturday night. If I've thought a ought this, chances are others have to.

Beastly Build
LBZ Drag Racing
2006 GMC LBZ 4x4 CC/SB
1/4 Mile [email protected]
1.793 60'
DIED 09/19/17 11:02AM
REVIVED 12/21/17 3:57PM
DaJokr is offline  
post #8 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 05:31 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast
 
Cknight199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bluffdale Utah
Posts: 3,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJokr View Post
I realize that. I hoped that 4 hours running one setup would give a clearer picture, averaging 15 runs you would think it would be more accurate then say, 3. I know it's not perfect. But it's something to do on a Saturday night. If I've thought a ought this, chances are others have to.
Yep I gotcha there's nothing like running down the strip


Sent from AutoGuide.com App

LBZ, Built Motor. S483, Plenty of fuel.
Cknight199 is offline  
post #9 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 08:08 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: salem ohio
Posts: 44
Subscribed for results

2008 gmc 4x4 CCLB .Kory Willis auto cal. Moto metal wheels .5 inch exhaust
waynestoys is offline  
post #10 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 09:51 PM
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
 
AJ 72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Posts: 2,860
Why not....I'm in for the results.

2007.5 GMC 2500HD Z71 SLT
20x9 Ultra Predators, 285 55R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, EFILive Autocal DSP5 (ATP) 5" Diamond Eye SS w/muffler, Diamond Eye Downpipe, Transgo jr. Isspro Ev2 gauges, PCV reroute, EGR blocked, Cognitto UCA's, pitman/idler arm supports, Bilstein 5100's, MA Stainless tierod sleeves, Billet grille, Roll N Lock, Line-X, AFE stage 2 intake, WeatherTech visors, Spyder LED Tail lights, Cree reverse lights, B&W Turnover ball, 1500 tailgate spoiler, Loadlifter 5000 airbags, wirelessOne

'99 30th Anniversary Trans Am. #1115
2013 Forrest River Wildcat Extralite 293 REX
12th MAN. GO SEAHAWKS!!!
AJ 72 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome