Keep blowing reducer boot - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Question Keep blowing reducer boot

Hey guys, twice I have ripped open the reducer boot from my high pressure turbo going into the hot side IC pipe. One boot was the one that came with my SDP twin turbo kit that blew open when I was racing a dodge charger going down the highway at about 120, the other was last friday night at the dragstrip. On my second pass right as I was crossing the finish line it blew again. I talked with Scott from SDP and he is surprised this is happening and he thinks that the t bolt clamp must be cutting into the silicone reducer. Is anyone else having this problem? Any permanent fixes (other than cutting and welding a flange for Vband?)

2011 LML SDP twin turbo, DTS built trans, CP3 exergy sportsman, EGR delete, FASS lift pump, 4" FLO PRO, MOTOROPS tuning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 06:29 AM

I've had the same issue with the boot that came with the kit black on black. Scott sent me a newer style black outside orange inside, I didn't blow it but I did start to see where the clamp was beginning to cut through. I replaced it last night and didnt tighten in down as much as before, hopefully it was just an overtightening issue causing the clamp to cut through.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

might try that, i loosened it and slid it all the way back on because after launching it the boot slid down to the lip of the turbo outlet. I have got more boots on the way but I am worried that the boot busting under load is gonna cause issue with the turbo or something

2011 LML SDP twin turbo, DTS built trans, CP3 exergy sportsman, EGR delete, FASS lift pump, 4" FLO PRO, MOTOROPS tuning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 08:59 AM

What kind of max boost do you get with yours? Mine spends most of its time on the tow tune which seems to be limited to 30psi and 1200egt (which is perfect). I haven't gone above the street tune which makes around 50psi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in