how good is the LML bottom end? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By SilverGorillaLML
  • 1 Post By SilverGorillaLML
  • 1 Post By bcdeutsch731

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

how good is the LML bottom end?

What's up guys, just want to get some opinions from the group. You can see my mods below so I will skip that part, however I did replace my FASS 95 with a 150, and man what a difference. But I am about to do what will hopefully be my last upgrade. A 10mm stroker, 60 over injectors, and replace my stock charger with a stealth 64. Right now (before I changed the lift pump motor) I was at 662 rwhp, not I know that after the fuel upgrades I will be somewhere around 800hp, not sure how the 64 will effect things yet, I believe I will be the first to do it, and get dyno numbers before and after. But I am wondering with the LML motor hold all this power? I REALLY do not want to build the motor and lose my driveability. So if anyone with the LML and around that same power level could chime in I would appreciate it. Take care guys

2011 LML SDP twin turbo, DTS built trans, CP3 exergy sportsman, EGR delete, FASS lift pump, 4" FLO PRO, MOTOROPS tuning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 05:15 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Most say the stock bottom end will live around 700. The ones that have been living at that level have been big single trucks. If you don't want to build the bottom end I'd stop at 60 overs just to lower pw a tad bit. Also with a properly built/specd motor you should not loose much driveability. Stay with cast pistons and a stock or close to stock compression ratio.
pipewldr77 likes this.

NIC R
"Flat Back Gorilla" Daily/Tow rig- 04 GMC Sierra LB7 CC Flatbed/Tune/Exhaust
"Empty Pockets" Race/Pulling truck- 2012 CCSB Cummins/Built Engine/48RE Swap/PCS2000/
B&M Ratchet shifter/Big fuel/Big air/Lowered

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

pw? If you don't want to build the bottom end I'd stop at 60 overs just to lower pw a tad bit........having a brain fart help me out

2011 LML SDP twin turbo, DTS built trans, CP3 exergy sportsman, EGR delete, FASS lift pump, 4" FLO PRO, MOTOROPS tuning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 08:44 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

How long in milleseconds that the injectors are spraying/ staying open for. Alot of people believe that running a bigger injector which allows you to lower pulsewidth helps the bottom ends stay together by not having the injectors spraying fuel non stop, lower timing, and believe it or not a larger injector will have lower egts if not being pushed to its limits because of being able to back down the timing and the injector isn't staying open nearly as long so your using them more efficiently.
pipewldr77 likes this.

NIC R
"Flat Back Gorilla" Daily/Tow rig- 04 GMC Sierra LB7 CC Flatbed/Tune/Exhaust
"Empty Pockets" Race/Pulling truck- 2012 CCSB Cummins/Built Engine/48RE Swap/PCS2000/
B&M Ratchet shifter/Big fuel/Big air/Lowered

Last edited by SilverGorillaLML; 10-19-2016 at 09:47 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 03:56 PM

Garage
You are going to be on borrowed time for sure! You may be fine on a dyno but I would not try and put that power down at a track. Or should I say torque. The torque is whats going to kill your engine.
outlawed_LLY likes this.

Race 69 C10 Duramax 8.339 @ 168
Tow 15.5 GMC Denali 13.92 @ 97
Sponsors Danville Perofrmance
HSP Diesel
Wagler Competition
Bullseye Power
Exergy Performance
Vibrant Performance
Mayeda Motorsports
Deutsch's Truck Repair
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 03:58 PM

Garage
Being that it is a twin turbo truck your torque is going to be higher at a lower RPM which is not a good thing on a stock engine.

HSP Diesel
Wagler Competition
Bullseye Power
Exergy Performance
Vibrant Performance
Mayeda Motorsports
Deutsch's Truck Repair
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 06:17 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Wagner has a good buy on a bottom end kit...says it's good to 800. You better be for investing in that package. Your bottom end is on borrowed time at 662, let alone 800+.

2k18 GMC
Crack would be cheaper...

Old:
2k15i CC/SB GMC
2k13 CC/SB Chevy
2k7 CC/SB GMC
2k4.5 CC/SB GMC
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 01:43 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

I have a similar set up minus the Stealth 64 in the valley. Ive always been fairly conservative with the truck and only have maybe 5k miles on the set up. Have never put it on the dyno but it certainly does pull like hell compared to stock injectors in the same set up. I have always heard the same 700-750 is the line for the LML. I have also been curious if larger tires put more stress on a bottom end. In my mind they do but if anyone knows for sure (not trying to hijack your thread at all)

2011 Denali HD Stealth Grey
Wehrli Billet S475 over stock
Ezlynk by Kory, Trans by Calvins
Socal 3388AF Hamilton Valve springs and pushrods
Exergy 60 over injectors, 10mm CP3 FASS 150 with sump
Pro-Fab mani's and up pipes
Isspro pillar gauges

IAFF 3813
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 05:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawed_LLY View Post
Wagner has a good buy on a bottom end kit...says it's good to 800. You better be for investing in that package. Your bottom end is on borrowed time at 662, let alone 800+.

*Wagler Competition*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverunnering View Post
I have a similar set up minus the Stealth 64 in the valley. Ive always been fairly conservative with the truck and only have maybe 5k miles on the set up. Have never put it on the dyno but it certainly does pull like hell compared to stock injectors in the same set up. I have always heard the same 700-750 is the line for the LML. I have also been curious if larger tires put more stress on a bottom end. In my mind they do but if anyone knows for sure (not trying to hijack your thread at all)
Yes, big tires put a huge strain on the engine. Also the better they hook up the more strain you put on the engine. If you don't get traction at high HP then the motor is under less strain (torque)

HSP Diesel
Wagler Competition
Bullseye Power
Exergy Performance
Vibrant Performance
Mayeda Motorsports
Deutsch's Truck Repair
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 06:44 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcdeutsch731 View Post
*Wagler Competition*

Yes, big tires put a huge strain on the engine. Also the better they hook up the more strain you put on the engine. If you don't get traction at high HP then the motor is under less strain (torque)
Damn iPad corrected it, thanks Brett.

2k18 GMC
Crack would be cheaper...

Old:
2k15i CC/SB GMC
2k13 CC/SB Chevy
2k7 CC/SB GMC
2k4.5 CC/SB GMC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode