Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Bouncing off rev limiter?

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  fl0w3n 
#1 ·
Don't know where the best place to ask this would be... but I'm wondering about any ramifications of bouncing off the rev limiter?

I plan on entering a burnout competition at a test and tune drag event, and while that in itself is im sure not the nicest thing for the truck, I still want to know any potential problems.

The way I've done some nice burn outs in the past is, tow/haul on, lock in 2nd gear, and go for it. My truck will pretty quickly spin up and hit the rev limiter at which point I usually let off the brakes and ease out of the burnout. However, I have an old worn set of tires that I haven't been able to sell so I plan on throwing those on and shredding them.

Maybe the better question is, anyone have a better idea of how to do a nice long burnout? If I unplug the front wheel speed sensors will that stop traction control from pulling power? That would let me probably jump to 3rd or 4th while still roasting the tires and avoid the rev limiter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.