02 2500hd 6.0L to LB7/Body swap - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Duramax Engine Swaps If you have installed a Duramax in anything it was not designed for, Post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

02 2500hd 6.0L to LB7/Body swap

New Project Time!
So i did some searching and couldn't exactly find what i need or i suck at searching.

I have an 02 2wd RCLB 2500hd w/ 6.0l and 4l80e - Pile of garbage that i picked up for 500 bucks but its complete runs and drives

I have an 02 lb7 engine, 2wd allison trans, ECU, TCM, wiring harness for everything, gauge cluster, intercooler, radiator, piping, steering column, trans crossmemeber, and lots of other random items. I bought the pile of parts from a guy who was going to swap into a square body so he kept everything that would possibly be needed for the swap. Been laying in my garage for over a year waiting for me to figure out what to do with it. Basically got it all for free in the end.

Sooo i'm wondering engine mounts....What are my options? I assume the 6.0l ones are different? Could i bolt the stock lb7 ones to the frame? Will i need to look into welding aftermarket ones on?

https://www.hitechclassics.com/produ...kets-2001-2014 Not exactly sure if these are anything helpful or just for "older" applications??

Alot of these duramax swap projects bring comments about how just look for a duramax already in a truck......welll don't comment....i understand how much $$ and pain in my a$$ work i'm getting into....so lets just stick to building something fun and possibly a stupid waste of my money!

As a side note the body is getting tossed out and something unique is getting put on.....haven't decided yet but its look like a 60's IH travellall or travelette. Yes i know frame modification will be happening.

Thanks! Ill upload pics as soon as i get some.

01 LB7 CCSB 250k. 20% injectors, Built Trans, MBRP 5", Bill's Turbo Horn, Air Dog 165, DSP5 w/PPE tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« 94 lb7 k1500 | - »
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode