EFI Live Tuning with EPA Ban in effect. What to do? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
EFI Live Place for your EFI questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Unread 09-30-2019, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

EFI Live Tuning with EPA Ban in effect. What to do?

So, the EPA ban on EGR delete tuning came into effect on September 16/2019, this being said it makes selling tunes with a EGR Delete in the united states Illegal. I live in canada, where as far as i understand its still legal to sell/buy EGR delete tunes. So i am putting the question out to you guys, What can be done? all the grand-daddy tuners (PPEI, Ridge Runner, Kory etc) are all american and would have to abide by the law otherwise face huge fines. They can sell tunes still, however they cannot be EGR delete tunes. Is there a way to maybe, "Inject" a EGR Delete into one of these tunes before flashing it onto the truck? is there a retailer for these tuning companies based in canada (or other country, no regulated by the EPA) that maybe "Accidently" never got the EPA approved tunes from these well-known tuners? is there maybe a canadian tuner who is well respected?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Unread 09-30-2019, 03:13 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Man View Post
So, the EPA ban on EGR delete tuning came into effect on September 16/2019, this being said it makes selling tunes with a EGR Delete in the united states Illegal. I live in canada, where as far as i understand its still legal to sell/buy EGR delete tunes. So i am putting the question out to you guys, What can be done? all the grand-daddy tuners (PPEI, Ridge Runner, Kory etc) are all american and would have to abide by the law otherwise face huge fines. They can sell tunes still, however they cannot be EGR delete tunes. Is there a way to maybe, "Inject" a EGR Delete into one of these tunes before flashing it onto the truck? is there a retailer for these tuning companies based in canada (or other country, no regulated by the EPA) that maybe "Accidently" never got the EPA approved tunes from these well-known tuners? is there maybe a canadian tuner who is well respected?
you cant modify the tune so injecting anything into it thats not already there is not an option. You may want to look at Motorops, they are based in Canada. Technically though, EGR deletes have never been legal in the US, so its not really any different now than before except that its actually starting to be enforced.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Unread 09-30-2019, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by J83 View Post
You may want to look at Motorops, they are based in Canada.
Thanks for the advice, their power pack is a really good deal, brings the cost of the Autocal and tune way down. Just need a passenger side downpipe (i hear horror storys of EGR Blocker plates)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Unread 09-30-2019, 03:59 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks for the advice, their power pack is a really good deal, brings the cost of the Autocal and tune way down. Just need a passenger side downpipe (i hear horror storys of EGR Blocker plates)
you need an up pipe, not a down pipe, but yes, the blocker plated tend to not end well in most cases. The up pipe takes exhaust from the header to the turbo pedestal where as the down pipe takes exhaust from the turbo outlet to the exhaust pipe out the back of the truck. You may want to consider both though, since parts are only going to get harder to get, and the down pipe from the factory has a pretty severe crush in it.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Unread 09-30-2019, 04:27 PM

You should contact your local Canadian dealers.

2004 LB7
S&S SAC00 Injectors
AirDog II-4G 100
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Unread 09-30-2019, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTNKLB7 View Post
You should contact your local Canadian dealers.
True that, but i value the input of the people on this forum a lot. it would be nice to come to a consensus on the best tuner in canada.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Unread 09-30-2019, 06:15 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
True that, but i value the input of the people on this forum a lot. it would be nice to come to a consensus on the best tuner in canada.
Motor ops is the only tuner i am aware of in Canada, im sure there are others, but they are the only name big enough to make it down south, at least that ive heard of or seen mentioned on this forum.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Unread 09-30-2019, 07:22 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Did you notice where J83 is located ?
Maybe a little north of you but still good advice.
I’m sure the company he’s mentioning can take care of your needs.
“One call that’s all”

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B."BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning

Last edited by D_R_C; 09-30-2019 at 07:33 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Unread Today, 10:59 AM

Hey guys, New to the forum... I have a 2011 duramax and have a simple and probably stupid question... is there a way to just get a tuner that blocks the need for the def system without removing any of its components?? I’m tired of the endless bills for fixing each part but dont want to have a loud truck or need any more HP....
thanks
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Unread Today, 12:14 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuslum View Post
Hey guys, New to the forum... I have a 2011 duramax and have a simple and probably stupid question... is there a way to just get a tuner that blocks the need for the def system without removing any of its components?? Im tired of the endless bills for fixing each part but dont want to have a loud truck or need any more HP....
thanks
without removing ANY components? no, but you can do it with removing minimal components by replacing the DPF with a straight pipe and flashing a delete tune with EFI live.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in