Ez Lynk sotf 5 tune from ppei. - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
EFI Live Place for your EFI questions

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Ez Lynk sotf 5 tune from ppei.

Ok not an efi question, but tuning related.

When itís time to load tunes, does the switch position matter.

There are 5 deleted tunes available. But the instructions arenít clear, and itís Sunday.

Stock hp

30 hp

60 hp

120 hp

180 hp.

Is there a specific position the switch needs to be in when we load each tune. Searched google and mostly get tuners websites bu no specific instructions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 12:12 PM

My Banks 6 gun goes from 1 (stock) to 6 (max HP) I would think that the switches work the same - progressive.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Yes but did you have to load multiple tunes or just the highest horse power tune?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 06:25 PM

The tunes come preloaded and the switch selects them but if you load them manually you may have to program them to switch settings or switch may select tunes as they were loaded. You didn't get instructions or can't get answers from the place you got the equipment from?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 06:26 PM

Banks six gun comes set up and its basically plug and play.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 05:47 PM

When you install the switch into the truck to run with EZ LYNK you can pull up a parameter in EZLYNK( i beleive it is TS or something) but itll tell you the position of the switch. What i would do is install the switch and turn it all the way to the left which would be 1 on the TS parameter (if that is the name) and turn the switch and watch the parameter to see if it changes when you turn the knob. That'll let you know that the switch is installed properly and working as it should. Hope this helps

2016 LML Denali 2500
Reverse level with Mcgaughy's drop shackle set a 1"
Bilstein 5100 all-around
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion Race series with 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, but I still donít understand . If I load the 0 hp time first, in switch position 1. Then load the 30 hp tune, do I need to move the switch to position 2, or will it just overwrite the 0 hp tune?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 08:04 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I think what he is asking is does it matter where the switch is set while loading the new tunes? The answer is no.

The tuner overwrites the existing information in the ECM with the information that applies to the tune. First off, the new information contains a set of instructions on what to do with a particular piece of data. For example, the data might be the intake manifold pressure. The instructions will tell the computer to convert the pressure into a number and do several things with that number like adjust the injection amount and timing. How much it adjusts things is related to several tables full of numbers. Those tables are also part of the tune.

Most tunes actually keep the original information and call it "Stock". There is room in the memory of the ECM to hold more than one set of parameters. Different tables of parameters correspond to different tunes. What the switch does is tell the instructions where to go for the parameters it needs. Think of the switch as being like an index in a reference book. The index tells where to go for the maps and charts you are looking for. The switch is not involved in writing the info, only in selecting which set to use.

It is possible to edit the tunes that are already in the ECM rather than to completely overwrite them. It is also possible to overwrite one tune at a time. You can even change a single number in the vast tables. You need the right kind of tuner to do that but it can be done. Mostly what happens though is that the tune is rewritten on a desktop computer and then written in one pass to the ECM memory.

Last edited by mizterwizard; 06-24-2019 at 08:08 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 09:49 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Unfortunately most people dont realize how the lml sotf tunes work. They use fuel temp to "fool" the ecm to limit mm3. That's it. You get one table with the same boost, pulse, timing etc just each one limits mm3 slightly less than the last.. Which is why I reccomend just using an autocal or v2 and switching from tune to tune if you need more than one so you actually have 5 DIFFERENT tunes. Most tuners do more than just add a little more fuel from tune to tune.

My name is Nic
2011 GMC Sierra 2500 CCSB LML,
Lil ole single s400, fuel,
supporting mods,
rancher tuned,
Various parts from SDP, WCFAB, LDS, DHD
Wiles Diesel Performance
Woodstock, Va
Contact me For Unleashed Duramax Tuning
[email protected]

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Ez Lynk sotf 5 tune from ppei.

Mr wizard. Thanks, yes that is what. Was trying to ask. So I would load the highest hp tune I wanted and then the switch on 5 would give me that tune, then lower numbers should give me the lower ratings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode