Moonshine Tunes - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
EFI Live Place for your EFI questions

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Moonshine Tunes

Just switched my tuning to Moonshine and all I can say is WOW! All my problems solved , Hats off to Vince and Tony for what they do. Everyone just posts negative when things go wrong but all I can say is when I sent and email for HELP I was told to call and immediately Vince was on it had Autocal unlocked reprogrammed truck tuned and 100% in like 20 min. Out of the past 3 tuning experiences this was TOP NOTCH. And the tunes are clean powerful and smooth. Give them a try I recommend it myself so why don’t everyone take a SIP of the MOONSHINE and Enjoy I know I have.

2016 GMC CC, Fass 165 , DT 520 tunes Tranny an Motor with DP5 switch, CTS2, DPF back 5 inch for looks. Next step Trans Build and Stealth G2 Turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 04:37 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Tony is a great guy and great tuner. One of the best imo. Customer service is always top notch and he was one of the original efi beta testers in 07 and always doing and testing new things. I see you have a stealth turbo as one of your next mods. I high advise you do some reading on the reliability and issues those charges have. Check out mark from danvile performance for a vvt charger. Personally I wouldn't run anything from DT even if they sponsored me.

My name is Nic
2011 GMC Sierra 2500 CCSB LML,
Lil ole single s400, fuel,
supporting mods,
rancher tuned,
Various parts from SDP, WCFAB, LDS, DHD,

Last edited by SilverGorillaLML; 06-28-2019 at 04:39 PM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAElectrician View Post
Just switched my tuning to Moonshine and all I can say is WOW! All my problems solved , Hats off to Vince and Tony for what they do. Everyone just posts negative when things go wrong but all I can say is when I sent and email for HELP I was told to call and immediately Vince was on it had Autocal unlocked reprogrammed truck tuned and 100% in like 20 min. Out of the past 3 tuning experiences this was TOP NOTCH. And the tunes are clean powerful and smooth. Give them a try I recommend it myself so why donít everyone take a SIP of the MOONSHINE and Enjoy I know I have.
That is great to hear. I have been researching which tuner I want to go with. I have leaned heavily towards getting moonshine tunes. I'm hoping to do this very soon as I have no idea who my truck is tuned by. I bought the truck from a dealer in Texas and really have no idea what all it has had done to it. The dealer said a 50hp tune and the truck had already been deleted. I've already put a Fass 95 on it. Plan to get the tunes right and cts2 next then planning a cp3 conversion. I need the vin checked if anybody still does that but the vin check thread had looked a little deserted so I didnt even post in there yet.

2011 2500 CCSB
LML - EGR AND DPF DELETED
*FASS 95 LP
*Mystery Tune ( will be fixed in a couple of weeks )

*300K AND COUNTING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

I have actually been looking into Danville for sometime but I think I need to swap the cp4 and do tranny first so I don’t load the wagon before I hook the mule to it!!
I do a lot of coal mining work in Va a lot. What part ya from Silva Gorila?

2016 GMC CC, Fass 165 , DT 520 tunes Tranny an Motor with DP5 switch, CTS2, DPF back 5 inch for looks. Next step Trans Build and Stealth G2 Turbo.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 05:53 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

My uncle is one of the bosses up in Charleston wv. Massey coal mine I believe. His name is Jack Jerguson. Not 100% sure it's been awhile since I talked to him about it. I'm near Woodstock va. I would do the cp3 conversion and the turbo at the same time if funds allow. It's easier once everything is pulled apart.

My name is Nic
supporting mods,
rancher tuned,
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I’m thinking do those together myself but the EGR keeps scaring me to death and I know that in a shop it’s 10 hr labor charge on top of the turbo and cp3 conversion time plus parts= Wallet blowed not the tranny lol. I’m leaning Sportsman CP3 and Compound Turbo vs one single and then smoke my tranny are do tranny first drive past you up to Baltimore and let Big Dipper build and drive home are tackle it myself are let him do all 3 lol. But with my work and schedule plus I travel fly to Tx 2 times a month lol it would take me a year to do it.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 08:28 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

The egr is not that bad at all really. Honestly worst part of it if the up pipe on the passenger side. Worst part of the cp3 conversion is getting to the bolts on the front of the cp4 and the worst part of swapping the turbo is getting to the bolts under the compressor. Big dipper is a good decision. If you're ever down this way give me a shout. Always down to wrench on these trucks too.

My name is Nic
supporting mods,
rancher tuned,
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAElectrician View Post
Just switched my tuning to Moonshine and all I can say is WOW! All my problems solved , Hats off to Vince and Tony for what they do. Everyone just posts negative when things go wrong but all I can say is when I sent and email for HELP I was told to call and immediately Vince was on it had Autocal unlocked reprogrammed truck tuned and 100% in like 20 min. Out of the past 3 tuning experiences this was TOP NOTCH. And the tunes are clean powerful and smooth. Give them a try I recommend it myself so why don’t everyone take a SIP of the MOONSHINE and Enjoy I know I have.
What year duramax do you have ? And what tunes did you get from him ? I have an lbz and don’t know if I should just the standard 5 tune package or do premium tune package and pick 5 or his tunes . Any recommendations on specific tunes or his for a stock tranny .

2006 Chevy Silverado 4x4 2500hd LBZ - 139k miles
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 11:14 AM

Garage
I have loved dealing with Tony, over the last couple of years he has responded to my questions (when he is free to get back as he is very busy) and has called me back. I have followed his recommendations (except my turbo mods should have called him first) and can say in no way has he ever come off as I have read some say. I purchased my tune back when there where free upgrades for life, have always been considerate to him knowing every second he spends with me costs him personally. (I have even offered to pay him for his time)

2003 GMC HD2500, 210K+ miles- EFI Live Tuned by [email protected] Ridgerunner. Fleece 100hp Injectors, Modified IHI Turbo 64mm P&P (yellowchevy), Mishimoto intercooler, PPE Ups and Down, ARP Head Studs, MA Push-rods, Airdog 100, 3.5" Turbo Horn, ported and polished some stuff , Full Flow ported Manifolds, Banks Brake, Banks Big Head (clamped off), Banks 4" Exhaust, Oil Centrifuge, fuel filter and intake heater delete...PPE Stage 3 Tie rods

My truck is 100% Solar Powered! Petroleum is made up of dead Dino's that ate plants, plants eat sunlight. My truck is Solar powered!

Diesel is non-GMO, made with free range animals, Non-RoundUp ready plants, no added colors or flavors- organic at the source, antibiotic free, steroid free...
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 06:04 PM

Garage
I ordered 5 pack: stock plus 30 HP, heavy tow, light tow, daily driver plus 50 HP and street race plus 100 HP.
My favorite is heavy tow tune and daily driver tune.
No smoke and sounds sick with 4" Jamo exhaust with 30" muffler.

2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 HD DRW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode