Think before you type. - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
EFI Live Place for your EFI questions

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
Surely you're not saying they troll our forums for prey?

PMs.....are a good thing.
Hook'em, a couple other sites I'm in have a "gun Discussion" post, I always thought it would be perfect if an anti gun person started this post to keep an eye on the gun owners... they post pictures of their set up and everything... "if" I had guns, I would not post pictures on a public forum... George orwell stuff right there.

2019 2500 Silverado Z71 LTZ. God Bless America!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 10:19 AM

Not just the EPA, GOVERNMENT in general has gotten out of hand and grown so big and powerful that they have to make new laws and rules just to justify the HUGE budget they spent last year,, in hopes of increasing what then get next budget. When you consider GOVERNMENT, Fed / State and Local, CIVILIAN i.e. military personnel NOT included, The 'Government' employees roughly 21 million civilians. Compare that to Walmart that has TOTAL about 2.1 million employees (and obviously very few capable of the intelligence to run a cash register!)

When you have some 'friend of a friend' that was APPOINTED head of an agency like EPA and he has the power to impose HIS WHIM on 360 million people in the US... something is WRONG with this picture!!!!!!!

Sorry not to get off on a political rant. But when government implodes and can't pay it's help,,, were gonna have 21 million snowflakes that have NO CLUE how to fend for themselves. Then this country will truly be scary.

2004.5 Silverado CCSB LLY
Sinister EGR delete,
S&B air box and up-sized S&B intake mouthpiece,
CAT converter delete,
ATP 5 stage tune - Edge CST w/ EGT and backup camera,
5" AFE Power full exhaust kit
Airlift 5000# bags w/ on-board remote compressor

Just a nice CLEAN stock truck for towing the toys to the playground with a back seat full of grandkids
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 05:34 PM

Bullshit. This is not true. No mention of it on their website. Bunch of liberal homos

2018 GMC 2500 CCSB - Denali - White - L5p
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 05:34 PM

I hope.....

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboyd5589 View Post
Bullshit. This is not true. No mention of it on their website. Bunch of liberal homos
I got it right off of their site. As soon as you go to the site there is the message and you have to close it to view the site.
Melonhead1102 likes this.

2016 2500hd Custom Sport, Z71, LTZ
Leveled with Moto 961's and 295/70\18 Ridge Grapplers,Amp steps, Weathertech mats, Extang Encore,S&B dry,
Wehrli intake bridge and AFE IC piping,Edge Insight cts2, AirDog II 165,SDP resonator delete, Mishimoto pcv catch can, MBRP down pipe,Recon led tail lights and third brake light, Morimoto mini D2S 5.0 projectors w/hidís, Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 ledís highs and fogs.
Kryptonite ucaís & tie rod sleeves, CCM diff drop,Fox 2.0 reservoirs, steering stabilizer, CalTracs,
Cognito PISK and heavy duty sway bar links, AirLift bags,
Nitro 4.30ís w/Nitro TracRite posi...
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 09:34 AM

Garage
From their site this morning:

EPA ENFORCEMENT TARGETS PRODUCTS THAT SUPPORT OFF-HIGHWAY, COMPETITION RACERS!
EPA has taken the public position that a vehicle designed and sold for on-highway use, such as a common rail diesel pick-up truck, can never be converted to an off-highway, race vehicle if that conversion impacts emissions controls or emissions. EPA is currently enforcing this position through the EPA’s 2020-2023 National Compliance Initiative (NCI), as well as other methods.

PPEI believes there exists (and has always existed) an exception under the Clean Air Act for modifying emissions and emission controls for motor vehicles that have been permanently converted to off-highway race vehicles. In response to EPA’s public position and its NCI enforcement, effective 9/16/2019 at 2pm, PPEI will halt sales of race products. PPEI will continue to sell its products designed for on-highway use and is making great strides in expanding the line of on-highway products that deliver the performance that our customers desire.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"

Derek
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 05:48 AM

Yeah and they are still selling everything lol.

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 05:49 AM

Im sure they are going to throw out their inventory..... Lets be honest guys, the epa is like the cops, they couldn't find tits in a strip joint.

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
Probably the same thing as ATP, no support.
When ATP first was hit by the EPA I contacted them to ask if they could help with stock tunes. I was told that yes, they could, but only stock.

I didn't ask them but Im guessing that if you wanted a stock tune with a Turbo Brake they could help with that since it does not affect emissions at all.............Like the new Edge Products that have tunes in them but do not allow deletes.

Im also guessing that PPEI could do the same.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
Surely you're not saying they troll our forums for prey?

PMs.....are a good thing.
It is even worse that Trolling the site. That takes manpower and time.

They can set up a search algorithm to "mine" for any posts on any site with specific verbiage and it will just be collected onto their servers with all the pertinent information.

I just edited my signature to remove anything they may search for, so unless they already have it, it is no longer available to them.

and you are right, PM!

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.

Last edited by 407driver; 09-23-2019 at 07:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode