Lml delete questions - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Exterior Talk about the exterior of your truck here.

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Lml delete questions

Hey I’m new here and have a few questions on deleting my 2013 lml duramax. It is completely stock and I’m unhappy with my mpg’s I average around 13 on a good day and am looking to increase that. I have been looking at delete kits on eBay and have found a plethora of kits mainly utilizing efi live. Here come the questions, do you think eBay is a good place to buy these kits? Should I do a full exhaust or delete pipe? 4in or 5in exhaust? Do I need to install blocker plates on the egr or does the tuner take care of that? Do I have to unplug anything on the egr? I think that’s it, thank you in advance.
Dales Super Store likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 11:34 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Search on here. Your questions have been answered. Welcome to the forum

2012 QCSB/Built 6.8L Cummins/48RE/Gated shifter
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 12:13 AM

I would not buy tuning off of ebay. I wouldn't hesitate to buy exhaust, blocker plates, up pipe, etc off ebay, but not tuning. Depends on how far you want to take it but simple route is blocker plates and i believe you unplug a couple connections to EGR, then exhaust and tune.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Reverse level with Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100 all-around
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Off-road Only
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 05:17 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
My advice is real read read. There is a ton of information on this site. It sounds like you already have a grasp of what would need to be done IF you would like to add off road tuning to your farm truck for farm related only duties inside the farm limits. Off public roads and all that. Private message some guy if you need help.
Truckie and Dales Super Store like this.

🤘 Kennedy fuel system support hardware, CCM front Diff Drop, some LEDs to make night into day, got some big ol 20's and wide ass tires and a nice display to show me what's up under the hood-

2012GMC2500CCSB
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 09:27 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Crunch some numbers to see when the fuel savings will pay for a delete done right. Hope you plan on keeping the truck a long time.

2012 Quicksilver SLT CCSB Sub 200mi regen club, fuel guzzling, dealer queen LEMON...

Amp Powersteps
Insight CTS
305/55/20 Mickey ATZ P3
Bilstein 5100s
Rancho stabilizer
B&W Turnover Ball w/Andersen Ultimate 5er Hitch
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 10:21 PM

Welcome to Duramax Forum! There are a few grouchy old yahoos on here but they mean well when they say "search the site." However- that is rarely helpful as the site is full and you need specifics. I shall try to direct you to a few discussions regarding the latest on deletes. Essentially- Due to a crack down by the EPA most of the delete tuner people have closed up shop. However- a few have suggested on here that you look to Canada for some possible solutions from tuners up there since they don't have the same EPA enviro nazis that we have here. (no offense to the EPA or tree huggers, I like a clean burning car and truck too, and LOVE the great outdoors, but don't like having laws and regulations shoved down my throat)

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/g...truck-now.html
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/e...t-what-do.html

and also other stuff in the EFI Live forum
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/efi-live/

Please continue to post and ask questions, we'll try to help if we can. I'm not running a deleted truck FYI. (Emissions testing here in Colorado)

2008 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab Z71
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 03:22 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

This thread will answer some of yoru questions and a bit more:

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/m...ew-owners.html

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help! I was afraid to post as I know I was gonna get “all your questions have been answered use the site” which I tried but found the search is practically useless. There is a shop about an hour away from me that will do a full exhaust, delete with 1 tune, and a tip for $1500. I’m kinda leaning towards that because most parts would be within a few Benjamin’s of that. Plus would save me some time and I wouldn’t have to worry about ruining my perfectly good truck. I’m in Minnesota where there hasn’t been emissions testing since the 90’s. I really have nothing against the emissions stuff other than the fact that it burns perfectly good fuel by shoving it in the exhaust leading to no benefit other than emissions. The truck is starting to throw Nox sensor codes and I really hate the idea of being up north and stuck in limp mode. Deleted trucks are fairly common up here and I feel there is almost no chance an individual with a pickup truck would ever get in trouble unless in emissions testing, which we have none.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 03:25 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Its more like this question is asked several times a week X 52 weeks X 12 years that I've been on this forum.
And all the answers are pretty much the same everytime.
It's like having to constantly tell your kid what needs to be done around the house to help out, everyday.

One thing that has always been suggested, don't be a fool and trash the parts you removed.
Times are changing, one day you might end up having to do emissions or sell/trade-in and will have to put it back to stock or risk a very large chunk of $$$ out of your pocket to make it that way.
Even better taking $10 k less for the dealer to do it.

If your only going for MPG increase, you might as well keep it stock or do the minumin, the more you delete doesn't gain you squat, except for bragging rights and a lighter wallet.
Dam, here I go again explaining when I was going to be firm on just do a search and read.

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B."BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

I have searched, I have read, I've watched countless videos from reputable sources and yet I am still stuck with the questions stated above. I’ve talked to various friends that have deleted and a number of performance shops. My google history is about 15 pages of lml delete related material. I’ve found this site to be fairly useful as it has answered a ton of my questions but I was still left with those. I’m not clueless on the topic nor am I an expert. I was just looking for some clarification and answers to my few remaining questions before I chose to delete or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode