Wheel rotation Bright wheel package - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Exterior Talk about the exterior of your truck here.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By USN DMAX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Unhappy Wheel rotation Bright wheel package

I have the Bright wheels on my 2019 Denali HD. Had the truck in for an oil change and had them rotate the tires. So Dealer rotates the tires now I have the front wheels are now painted gray not Bright shiny wheels and the now rear wheels are pitted to beat the band. These wheels are less than 1 year old and have deep pits in them. So now the look of my truck is more beatup work truck then the classy Denali that I bought. So you only get 4 Bright wheels when you get a dually not all 6. Cheap ass Bastards. There is no way to rotate your wheels and have the Bright wheels show unless you breakdown the tires and rims and swap them out, this is ridiculous to say the least. Anyone else have this experience with trying to rotate your wheels? Looking for a better solution short of not rotating my wheels ever again.

2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD Red Quartz Tint coat
Amp Research folding rear step
Vanish roll up tonneau cover
Mini 0906 Dash cam

All who wander are not lost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 03:09 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudbudy View Post
I have the Bright wheels on my 2019 Denali HD. Had the truck in for an oil change and had them rotate the tires. So Dealer rotates the tires now I have the front wheels are now painted gray not Bright shiny wheels and the now rear wheels are pitted to beat the band. These wheels are less than 1 year old and have deep pits in them. So now the look of my truck is more beatup work truck then the classy Denali that I bought. So you only get 4 Bright wheels when you get a dually not all 6. Cheap ass Bastards. There is no way to rotate your wheels and have the Bright wheels show unless you breakdown the tires and rims and swap them out, this is ridiculous to say the least. Anyone else have this experience with trying to rotate your wheels? Looking for a better solution short of not rotating my wheels ever again.
Yes. Only the "outside" wheels are the bright finish. The inside rears are steel not aluminum. The best way to rotate is have the fronts stay on the front and rotate the duals as a set from drivers to passenger side. This is what stopped me from buying another dual wheeled truck. I had the same complaint on my Ram 3500. Most aftermarket packages are the same with the inner wheel being steel due to the rear studs are not long enough to accommodate the thickness of 2 aluminum wheels.
ALLY Cat likes this.

2018 Denali. 6 inch BDS Lift on 325/65R20s
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Checked the manual and found out the dealer did it WRONG! Big surprises. Going back tomorrow to get it fixed correctly. Guess dealer technicians don't check the manual when doing maintenance work. There is a specific order of rotation for Polished/Bright wheels as the front, outside rear and inside rear are all different and are not meant to be interchangeable with each other. can't post the diagram here so you will have to look it up in your manual.

X <--------> X

X X <------->X X
<--------------->

2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD Red Quartz Tint coat
Amp Research folding rear step
Vanish roll up tonneau cover
Mini 0906 Dash cam

All who wander are not lost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 07:39 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Im gobsmacked...........The minimum wage tire changers at the dealer F'd it up. Never heard of that before

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in