Daytime running lights/automatic lights - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Exterior Talk about the exterior of your truck here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Daytime running lights/automatic lights

When u do hid's I saw u should pull the drl fuses so the daytime running lifts are off. Does this disable the headlights coming on automatically too? Or would the still be automatic

2004.5 LLY - ARP Head Studs - ATS Stage 4 Transmission with Co-Pilot - PPE Race Plug - Airdog 150 - EFI Live - K&N Air Intake - Edge CTS - 6 inch Fabtech - 35" Toyo M/T - 20x12 Fuel Turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 09:02 AM
born country

haha who told you that?

NEW TRUCK- 2006 LBZ cc/sb loaded southern coach, smoky mountain sportsman edition, 20" black hostile havoc's, 305/50/20 nitto trail grapplers, EFI LIVE by rob at ATP performance, 5" exhaust, transgo jr, egr blocked, pcv rerouted, isspro ev2 gauges, tinted windows, just gettin started!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

To pull the fuses? A thread on here why lol is it not true?

2004.5 LLY - ARP Head Studs - ATS Stage 4 Transmission with Co-Pilot - PPE Race Plug - Airdog 150 - EFI Live - K&N Air Intake - Edge CTS - 6 inch Fabtech - 35" Toyo M/T - 20x12 Fuel Turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 09:32 AM
born country

i've never done it. maybe during the install, i have led running lights no problems. all my buddies left thiers in, no problems. that's the first i've heard of it.

NEW TRUCK- 2006 LBZ cc/sb loaded southern coach, smoky mountain sportsman edition, 20" black hostile havoc's, 305/50/20 nitto trail grapplers, EFI LIVE by rob at ATP performance, 5" exhaust, transgo jr, egr blocked, pcv rerouted, isspro ev2 gauges, tinted windows, just gettin started!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

I read that it's not good to have low voltage going to the hids cuz it's bad for them so idk it kinda makes sense

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 11:06 AM
b14

didnt hurt me any when i did it... just pull the fuse and be done with it

2010 2500 ccsb

dpf delete - egr blocked - cheap pcv re-route
efi live tuned dsp5 - by rob!
4" Diamond eye duals
afe intake with pro dry 2
ride rights
edge insight cts w/ egt probe and two backup cameras

Dirty Loud and Proud
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 01:06 PM
born country

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXED-OUT View Post
I read that it's not good to have low voltage going to the hids cuz it's bad for them so idk it kinda makes sense
he's talking about driving lights correct? if so hoe does that put any voltage to the headlights? like i said, i've bever had problems running them like that.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 01:44 PM

if you are looking to protect your hids on start up i would suggest buying a light saver module from us.. just my thought on it

Mike

2012 Denali
Duramax/Allison
Stock.
-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

LML DSP, Digital DSP-5, Allison Tc Lockup Controller, Bluetooth DSP-5, Standalone Wiring Harnesses.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 01:47 PM
born country

how does it work? ^^

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 01:52 PM

"LightSaver" smart headlight-control was designed to not only add convenience to your truck's automatic headlight control feature, but to save you money as well! At night time, when the truck is started, the lights are automatically turned on at key-on, then when the key is turned to crank/start, the headlights are turned off, and then when the engine starts, the lights are turned back on. Once switched on, HID lights need to be given at least 30 seconds to properly warm-up and allow the arc to stabilize and ballast to transition to "steady-state" running mode. If the HID lights are turned off before this "steady-state" mode is attained, it can be damaging to the bulbs (technically an HID 'bulb' is called a capsule) and the ballasts. Over time, this rapid repeated ON-OFF-ON sequence will cause premature failure of the capsules and/or ballasts, thus needlessly costing you extra money. Until now, the only answer was to completely disable the automatic headlight feature completely, which can be a nuisance because with the automatic ambient light sensor disabled, approach lights, interior dash lights at key-on, and several other features that are integrated into the factory automatic-light-control are lost.

Now you can retain all the convenience features of the factory automatic headlight control, while simultaneously protecting your HID's from premature failure. Two different programming settings are available, for even "smarter" headlight operation!

The first program setting will simple temporarily disable your automatic headlights at night (parking lights will still come on at key-on-engine-off though) until the engine is started. Once the engine is running, automatic headlight control is immediately returned to normal factory function.

The second program setting will disable the automatic headlights (keeping the lights off, same as the first program setting described above) at key-on, however, the headlights will remain OFF (however the parking lights will remain on) until you shift the truck out of park. As soon as the truck is shifted out of park, the headlights will immediately turn on and return to normal factory automatic operation. This is a great feature for hunting/camping/night-workers who want to start their truck and allow it to warm up in the darkness without the automatic headlights immediately coming on and disturbing others. Also works great with remote-start, allowing you to remote-start your truck from indoors late at night/early in the morning without the bright headlights automatically coming on right away and causing a nuisance.

Heated-seat control (currently only available for 2003+ trucks) is another option that can be integrated into the LightSaver module, which will automatically turn-on your heated seats when the temperature is below ~40*F, another great feature for owners with remote-start modules.

Copied from our site.. its just easier that way lol feel free to check out our other electronics!

Mike

2012 Denali
Duramax/Allison
Stock.
-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

LML DSP, Digital DSP-5, Allison Tc Lockup Controller, Bluetooth DSP-5, Standalone Wiring Harnesses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode