2015 tow mirrors - back up lights - Page 5 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Exterior Talk about the exterior of your truck here.

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 10:30 PM

I just completed this successfully on a 2017 Silverado 2500 High Country.

Used the picture from post #4 - the wire colors were different but same locations, I took Coax cable and left ~3/4 inch of insulation and had 3/4" of bare copper wire on each side. Bent the wire 90 degrees and used wire cutters to put a slight point on the end. Pushed into the locations on the pink and brown plugs and worked just fine.

Notes:
1. If you have a backup camera, turning the cargo lights on via the switch, also changes your Infotainment screen to show the backup camera
2. If your headlights are set to auto, and it is night time - when you get out of your car and lock it, the led lights in the mirror stay on until the delay for the headlights to turn off.
3. If you unlock you car via the key fob, the led lights will come on, locking it again turns them back off
4. Putting the car in reverse will illuminate the cargo lamp button - even though your dash info will say cargo lamp is off
5. If you use the cargo lamp button - it gets confusing as to if it is on or off, its best to not trust the button, go by the info messages in the dash

I suspect if you use the diode that some of the "weirdness" listed above goes away, but I do not have a diode to test it with.
Vegasj likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 03:47 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

I did this modification on my prior truck - 2016 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - and my current 2018 Chevy 3500HD Duramax DRW using pin 26 on the Brown block to pin 25 on the Pink block. Works great on both.

GrandpaLarry777

2018 Silverado High Country 3500HD Diesel 4x4 Dually
Usually hauling a horse trailer with my much younger wife Mary
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 07:54 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Actually, the wire needs to be connected from pin 26 on the Brown block to pin 26 on the Pink block.

GrandpaLarry777

2018 Silverado High Country 3500HD Diesel 4x4 Dually
Usually hauling a horse trailer with my much younger wife Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 02:54 PM

Boostautoparts.com sells a kit to do this, along with YouTube instructions. I ordered it but have not installed yet. Mirror lights operate with b/u lights, and you can still use the cargo light switch to turn them on also.

2019 Silverado 2500 4WD, Cajun Red
Michelin LTX M/S, bed liner, Alum bed box
Boost mirror turn signal jumper
Trans cooler grill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode