Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

$48,000 = 1,200 hp

10K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  blackdeath 
#1 ·
I was just at walmart checking out the most recent Diesel Power since mine is 500 miles back at home and PPE offers a turn key 1,200 HP twin turbo engine for 48,000 THOUSAND dollars:eek::eek:. 48k, you should be able to be an early dmax build the engine and tranny for 48k. Though they did have an article with Dimitri's dmax getting a set of ppe's twins installed and that kit was around 13k. Holy cow that just seems like a lot of money!

#3 ·
But it looked really pretty in the picture:eek:

#5 ·
Not sure but I hope so. Better be better then GM too.

#7 ·
I think there are a LOT of people that can. I am by no means a Dmax expert but that just seemed out of line to me. I am sure that so expense was spared and it better be reliable power too.

#8 ·
You know there is some idiot with too much money that thinks its the best and will buy it

#9 ·
Not necessarily an idiot. Just someone with more money than the rest of us that would rather not seal with the hassle of building a motor and have a turnkey option available instead.

If you had that kind of excess spending cash laying around, wouldn't you??

#12 ·
If you had that kind of excess spending cash laying around, wouldn't you??
Nope. I'd bring it down to Ben (DuraToTheMax) and build it up with him. Its much more fun

#10 ·
It really isn't that hard either to just google/research a great dmax builder and tell them what you want and check with a couple different builders on prices, reputation, reliability and so on. I guess if a big bag of money fell in my lap and the next thought was ...............I want a 1,200 hp dmax in my truck asap with as little a thought as possible I might do it:rof

#11 ·
just picked up that magazine today. Good article on the DMAX upgrades. The $1,500 one was the one I was looking at, although I think I could get them cheaper. Not to mention, all the stuff they had in the article, I saw here first:drink

#13 ·
I was kinda suprised on the tuning they listed all the way up to 600-650HP. Banks, PPE, and EFI Live. And on the 10,000 build they didnt mention weak rods with that power lever, they said dual pumps. From the little I know from reading the forums the last year there are some things that could be different. Just my .02

#15 ·
^^^lmao^^^^^

#16 ·
You could get 1200 hp for well under half that:rolleyes: Its called nitrous:neener

#17 ·
You can get big twins for alot less than 13k too.

#19 ·
I haven't priced there stickers recently/ever.

#20 ·
Is this just a motor or a whole truck!!!

#21 ·
Motor. But does have 2 turbos. Might come with the 35 dollar stickers too.

#24 ·
^ Kinda had the same thoughts.

#26 ·
I bet you could jew them down.

#28 ·
My guess is that the $48k motor is put into your vehicle and all brand new parts they purchased but if you drop off your motor or supplied some of the parts the price would go down a bit. It does say that they have motors ranging from $15k up to the $48k but on their website i cant find anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.