Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

New grill

3K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  jmaz268 
#1 ·
Well I have the chrome grill on the truck now....but the chrome is starting to spec away per say.....looks like pin holes in the finish. So I'm going to use the old chrome one to attach my winter cover to so I can have a second one for summer without the buttons on it.

But I have 2 options....a chrome one and a black one....

Trying to think what will look best. I have the chrome side things and my mirrors have the chrome inserts as well.

Ordering up my front drop spindles next week.....so the chrome on the doors is coming off....

What you guys think.

See less See more
#2 ·
holy small ass pictures...use your imaginations...

#6 ·
i say black too

#7 ·
partsgeek.com for the grill.....the black is 40 bucks and the chrome is 60.

Can't remember where I got the winter cover....I do know it came from Canadaland.

#8 ·
This will be my first winter with a diesel. Do I really need a cover?

#9 ·
all depends...in PA...I'd say it would help alot.

My hood lets alot more air through so I use one or I will never get up to operating temp.

#10 ·
i like chrome and have the chrome grill in my truck but for some reason i think the black grill looks better in the GMC just my .02

and as far needing a winter cover no you'll be fine (i don't have one and i get by with out it) but it would be a nice help to warm her up

#11 ·
Yeah kinda what I'm thinking....I do just fine without the cover, just warms the truck up fully and saves on gas.

#12 ·
wish i could find one for cheap but we all know how that goes

#13 ·
well ordered the black one....we shall see what it looks like when i get it.

#18 ·
go black and you won't go back.....................

#21 ·
I'm phasing the chrome out on my truck....all black power mirrors are 40 bucks each.

#24 ·
you gonna go with black wheels too? i'd be interested in your chrome ones if you do

#25 ·
ummmm.....well mine have black on them....but when i lower it and the offset is too much....I'll let you know Wayne...

You got your PPE right??? Never heard anything so I'm assuming you did.

#27 ·
Grill goes on today!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.