Custom Made headlights - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Exterior Talk about the exterior of your truck here.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdowngrill View Post
Hey guys. Been looking extensively on the web and canít find anything worth buying. Looking for someone or recommendations for someone to build a custom headlight assembly either off the factory ones I have or other options. Not looking for much. DRL LED and maybe switchback. All I have found so far are either way way over priced or so cheap they melt first time you turn them on. Canít find anything in the fair priced well built category. Anyone have suggestions?
I paid a guy who is no longer in business and I'm glad because I only received one completed headlight, I'm building the other and adding the outline LED for the switchbacks. The switchbacks are these:
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/20...ect_restrict=1

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

06 2500HD CCSB: EFI Live by duramaxtuner, Blocker plate, Airdog II 165, Banks 4" Exhaust, Banks Intake, 6" RCD lift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 03:44 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Yeah, I did a quad retro to some cat eyes last winter, mini 7.0 and d2s 4.0. Always nice doing it yourself. Finished retrying my denali from the 6.0 to the d2s 4.0 (SO much better). Working on a set of Jeep lights now.

Pretty sure lightwerkz does custom builds, but your probably looking at a grand minimum to have anyone knowledgeable enough do it. I’d look into doing it yourself. Grab a set of headlights from the wreckers and take your time with it. You can get the look you want for a fraction of the cost. I’d go browse hidplanet forums. They have everything there from hid to led to tail lights and driving lights. Lots of knowledge and lots who can help. Might even be someone who would consider doing it for you (for a fee) who has experience with with retrofitting.

Beastly Build
LBZ Drag Racing
2006 GMC LBZ 4x4 CC/SB
1/4 Mile [email protected]
1.793 60'
DIED 09/19/17 11:02AM
REVIVED 12/21/17 3:57PM
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 03:53 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

How the cateyes turned out for reference and the denalis
Attached Images

auzzy89 and dirtymaximusprime like this.

Beastly Build
LBZ Drag Racing
2006 GMC LBZ 4x4 CC/SB
1.793 60'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJokr View Post
Yeah, I did a quad retro to some cat eyes last winter, mini 7.0 and d2s 4.0. Always nice doing it yourself. Finished retrying my denali from the 6.0 to the d2s 4.0 (SO much better). Working on a set of Jeep lights now.

Pretty sure lightwerkz does custom builds, but your probably looking at a grand minimum to have anyone knowledgeable enough do it. Iíd look into doing it yourself. Grab a set of headlights from the wreckers and take your time with it. You can get the look you want for a fraction of the cost. Iíd go browse hidplanet forums. They have everything there from hid to led to tail lights and driving lights. Lots of knowledge and lots who can help. Might even be someone who would consider doing it for you (for a fee) who has experience with with retrofitting.
Wow thanks for the link there. forums don't pop up much anymore in google searches.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdowngrill View Post
I think this is a blank post. Or i can't see pics.
Ahh I meant to post a picture. Iíll have to try it again. I was trying to use imgur without creating an account. Been a long while since Iíve posting pics on forums. Last time I did was before photobucket started charging money.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJokr View Post
How the cateyes turned out for reference and the denalis
Those look great! Iím contemplating doing the same for my upper housings or just throw some LEDís in and be done. Not that I couldnít handle the retrofit myself but Iíd probably pay lightwerks to do them for me. Iíve seen some of their work and itís obvious the quality when you have someone who does it for a living install them.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 02:34 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Yeah, if I had the money I would have done them through them, but I had time and extra headlights around so gave it a try.

Beastly Build
LBZ Drag Racing
2006 GMC LBZ 4x4 CC/SB
1.793 60'
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 08:53 PM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
Just went through The Retrofit Source for my quad projector parts.Adding demon eyes with it. There's a guy who makes a bracket that drops right in place of the rear head light reflector if you're doing quad projectors. Makes install so much easier - not cutting or modifying the housing at all, and uses the same mounting locations and adjuster as the removed headlight reflector. For those with the 2003-2006 headlights that want to do quads, here is the link: https://custom-brackets-designs.mysh...ofit-c-bracket

2006 Chevy Duramax LBZ CC
*Edge Insight CTS2
*Ridge Runner Moonshine 5DSP Tune by Tony
*Stage IV Trans by Big Dipper & Pump Rub Kit
*SDP Y-Bridge/EGR Delete/Cold & Hot Side Tube
*PCV Reroute
*Pass. Side Up Pipe, Down Pipe & 4" DP Back Exhaust
*Air DogII 4G-165 W/FASS Filter Delete
*S&B CAI
*Cognito Economy 60" Traction Bars & 2" Drop Shackles
*BD Staging Limiter and Accelerator Sensitivity Booster
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 10:19 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

06 lbz and the plastic is oxidized past the cleaning stage. Are there any good oem headlights on the market? Plug and play? Most of the reviews seem to be leaning towards "not a good fit"
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crfrider450 View Post
06 lbz and the plastic is oxidized past the cleaning stage. Are there any good oem headlights on the market? Plug and play? Most of the reviews seem to be leaning towards "not a good fit"
I to have looked into that avenue of pursuit. same as you im not finding much in the way of good reviews. Most of the tube DRL's aren't lasting past a year with no customer service according to the reviews even from expensive companies like Recon. I think i have settled on Ebay headlight assemblies and water testing them for leaks then running RetroFit Source LED Hi, Low and fogs and Headlight Revolution GTR LED turn signals with the switchback option on them. I was wanting to wait till The RetroFit Source came out with the DRL Switchback headlight assemblies later on this year but seems they keep pushing back months on the release of the others they are doing and our LML body styles wouldn't be ready for testing till late late this year. I don't want to wait that long. Im forcing myself to hold off on Switchback Mirrors from Boost Auto Parts so I can get my powerfold option back when they come out with those later this year. Be nice to have matching headlights and mirrors but damn at this rate I'll have to trade it off for a newer body style by the time all the good stuff gets released for them. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode