2020 2500 fifth wheel hitch - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Exterior Talk about the exterior of your truck here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

2020 2500 fifth wheel hitch

Help!!! My 2020 2500 Crew Cab Std box is days from being delivered. Dealer is also working the issue. I am searching for a fifth wheel hitch. B&W says their 2019 will NOT fit as the puck system is different. Their 2020 is still being developed. Anybody know of any hitch that will fit out there. I do not need a truck if I can't pull with it. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 09:34 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
Welcome to buying a freshly re-designed platform! Went through some of that myself when I bought mine a few years ago, except I got lucky and the frame was the same from the 14 to the 15, only the body changed.

Do you have the factory installed puck system? I think Curt makes a package that fits. I donít know if they have released one for the 2020 yet, but surely GM can tell you where to get a hold of one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9/26/17 80k miles with no issues...

--2015 GMC 3500 SRW/CCLB--

Engine rebuilt @ 170,000 miles due to hole in cylinder #7
First start on 5/13/16

8/29/17 REBUILD 2.0 @ 295k miles

255k miles on 4/1/17, and goin' strong...

S&B Intake, 3" MBRP downpipe, Flo-Pro 5" downpipe back exhaust/no muffler, PPEI tuned no longer, MOONSHINE tuned by Tony @ RidgeRunner, Airdog lift pump...

Monitoring via CTS2

Engine
Fingers Oval Bowl pistons @ 17.5:1 .040 over
Carrillo rods
chromoly pushrods
SoCal Girdle
ATI Super-Damper
ARP main and head studs
Keyed crank and cam
SDP CP3 coversion w/ Sportsman pump

Suspension
305/55/20 MT Baja ATZ P3s on stock 20's...
Kryptonite tie rods/centerlink

BUILD THREAD
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

A quick update, do not take delivery of a 2020 GM/Chevy truck if your planning on pulling a 5er in the next month or so. There are NO hitches available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

My dealer just called to tell me my truck is being offloaded from the transport. The dealer also has confirmed no hitches for a month. My dealer is holding my truck until outfitted with a hitch. I am impressed with Alpine GMC in Colorado Springs.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

I purchased an Andersen hitch and will update after I have picked up my truck and hooked up the fifth wheel
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

I just installed an Anderson Ultimate CONNECTION along with an Andersen 3249 connection kit. Everything fits and works as advertised. I tried a Curt 60692 for the chains and ran into a massive problem with clearance of the Curt loops from the Andersen hitch. Seethe Curt kit back. The gooseneck location is further aft than my 2013 by at least 3 inches. The 2020 will get bags as soon as they are available as it squats 2.5 inches with the 5er hooked up. ANY 2019 GOOSENECK BALL FITS IN A 2020 DESPITE LOTS OF MISINFORMATION FROM MULTIPLE SOURCES OUT THERE. I do not know if I am completely sold on the Anderson so far. I have not trailered with it yet and leave tomorrow morning for 10 days. Hooking up the Andersen in the drive is a bit more of a pain than my old B&W to get the gooseneck ball fore and aft the correct amount. The in bed camera is not much help but I need to take some time to see if I can make a few alignment marks to make it easy. The second concern I have is having to raise the front of the 5er about 5 inches to get off the hitch. 2.5 inches on the squat and 2.5 inches of the ball. Half of that will go away when I get the bags on it. I will post a big report once I get trailering. I put in the break in miles and so far like the truck. the 10 spd takes a bit getting use to but there are tons of really nice features that my old truck did not have.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 05:15 PM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Glad you like it.

2004.5 GMC SLT 4X4 CCLB LLY Ally, EFI Live V2 & DSP5 by Rob, trans by Mike L, Magnaflow DP, Ride Rites, LBZ turbo inlet mod, AD II 165, po' man CAI, HIDs, stock height, Cognito tie rods, Bilstein 5100s, Isspros, H2 wheels with Toyo OC 285-70-17s, B&W turnover & Companion, Prodigy P3, dog snot on windows......

Sent from my antique HP DV7-4183cl with Radeon HD5470 graphics, Beats Audio and Blu-ray drive.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode