Do not take delivery of 2020 GM/Chvy Truck - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Exterior Talk about the exterior of your truck here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

I just installed an Anderson Ultimate CONNECTION along with an Andersen 3249 connection kit. Everything fits and works as advertised. I tried a Curt 60692 for the chains and ran into a massive problem with clearance of the Curt loops from the Andersen hitch. Sent the Curt kit back. The gooseneck location is further aft than my 2013 by at least 3 inches. The 2020 will get bags as soon as they are available as it squats 2.5 inches with the 5er hooked up. ANY 2019 GOOSENECK BALL FITS IN A 2020 DESPITE LOTS OF MISINFORMATION FROM MULTIPLE SOURCES OUT THERE. I do not know if I am completely sold on the Anderson so far. I have not trailered with it yet and leave tomorrow morning for 10 days. Hooking up the Andersen in the drive is a bit more of a pain than my old B&W to get the gooseneck ball fore and aft the correct amount. The in bed camera is not much help but I need to take some time to see if I can make a few alignment marks to make it easy. The second concern I have is having to raise the front of the 5er about 5 inches to get off the hitch. 2.5 inches on the squat and 2.5 inches of the ball. Half of that will go away when I get the bags on it. I will post a big report once I get trailering. I put in the break in miles and so far like the truck. the 10 spd takes a bit getting use to but there are tons of really nice features that my old truck did not have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode