Having trouble... - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Exterior Talk about the exterior of your truck here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

Having trouble...

Alright guys I'm having trouble deciding so I'm coming to the experts here!

I'm getting my LBZ Crew Cab re-tinted. The rear 3 are the factory privacy glass and the fronts were matched with 20%.

I want darker, so I think I'm gonna go 5 on the front two but for the rears....my tint shop only has 15 and 35 as options to go over the rear.
He is saying that the 35 over will yield close to the 5% but not quite.

The 15 over will come out to around 3ish%?

Which route should I take? Would it really make that much difference between the two visibility wise?

Thanks for any help!

2006 LBZ Duramax CCSB
Stock Everything...So Far
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 07:00 AM

Having trouble...

I would do 5% on rear windows but since that isnít one of the choices you suggested, Iíd say 15% on the rears. A little darker on the rear looks fine but darker front windows doesnít look good to me.

I did 5% on my rears as we take long camping trips and I wanted to keep as much sun as possible off my young kids in the back. As far as outward visibility I have no issues...

2007 2500HD LBZ GMC Sierra Classic Crew Cab SLT 4WD
MBRP DP Back 5" Exhaust
MBRP DP
LB7 right side up pipe

Last edited by SouthCo; 08-15-2019 at 07:05 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
I would do 5% on rear windows but since that isn’t one of the choices you suggested, I’d say 15% on the rears. A little darker on the rear looks fine but darker front windows doesn’t look good to me.

I did 5% on my rears as we take long camping trips and I wanted to keep as much sun as possible off my young kids in the back. As far as outward visibility I have no issues...
Awesome! That's good to know as we have been contemplating a camper and definitely don't want to affect visibility especially at night like I have heard from "rumors" of dark windows...

2006 LBZ Duramax CCSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 09:01 AM

With my 5% I did loose some rear visibility at night but when I backup my camper I use my side mirrors and if need be can roll the windows down. Nothing to see out the back window except the camper lol...

2007 2500HD LBZ GMC Sierra Classic Crew Cab SLT 4WD
MBRP DP Back 5" Exhaust
MBRP DP
LB7 right side up pipe
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for your help with that I really appreciate it! And I get that completely, I don't have a backup camera installed...yet! I have one I have just been too lazy to run the wires. So I'm thinking the 15 over should be the way to go and will match up good with the 5 on the fronts. That should be a good in-between for dark enough to not see in (ie theives and UV Ray's lol) but still manageable to see out of for reversing and towing in the dark.

2006 LBZ Duramax CCSB
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:33 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Not sure what the law is in your area but you might want to check into it. Many states and localities regulate window tinting and are pretty serious about it. I drove a neighbor to traffic court awhile back and there were three different cases where the owner had been ticketed and the vehicle license plates impounded so the vehicle had to be towed. They also required professional removal of the tint and they had to go to court to be able to put their vehicles back on the road. Might be worth looking into.

07 GMC Sierra Classic (LBZ) Duramax Dually Crewcab 4X4, FASS Titanium 95, Ohio Diesel Parts Tank Sump, bypass engine oil filter, synthetic lubes; 84 Chevy 6.2L 1.25 Ton (Army CUCV) with Banks Sidewinder Turbo and Gear Vendor's Overdrive; 83 Chevy Suburban 6.2L 4X4; Retired Journeyman Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! I will definitely check into that for sure. Definitely wouldn't want all that to go down, doesn't sound too fun!

2006 LBZ Duramax CCSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode