Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

JWC's - 2008 (Frame Layin' Daily Driven) Silverado - Build Thread

82K views 421 replies 41 participants last post by  jwcgmc1985 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

This will be the thread for my gray gasser that will soon be bagged on big wheels. After multiple talks with the wife, it was approved :rofl

My cousin will be doing all the work since i will be messing with the 12 valve gmc build. Once the 12 valve comes out of his shop at the end of the month rolling on its own, this truck will have its bed pulled off at my house and the truck will be sent to him.

I want to keep the stock look for the most part, so besides air ride and big wheels, i definitely dont want to go overboard like i did with the last half ton...

stay tuned.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Chevrolet

See less See more
#8 ·
Alright, now I gotta ask. What in the flying fuck do you do for a living.

No average joe can build the kickass shit you have.

#18 · (Edited)
Well another shout out to Lyle @ BamaOffroad.com for hooking me up with a new muffler. You might think they just do diesel performance and offroad type stuff only, but they aren't limited to just those few things, they can get much much more!

so since the truck will be riding just a few inches off the ground, no need to have all those 40 series flowmaster sounds resonating and echoing back upwards

so i'll be swapping it out with this Magnaflow 13288 "Muffraw"

Auto part Muffler Automotive exhaust Cylinder

i will also be ordering new UCA's, new TRE's, and new drilled/slotted rotors with pads up front, and drum pads for the rear just so i know all my stuff is nice and new.

#19 ·
Heyyaa.....Thanks Jeff for the shout out.....Now you will have to post a sound clip when you get it put on.....Then make the drive up here so we can tune it.....:gearjamin

#21 ·
Damn! Another JWC thread I must sub to! BASTARD! :thumb

#24 ·
ya buddy

actually there is another one in there laying down

:farmer

there are 2 in this truck
there is 1 in the LML
there are 2 small 8 gallon ones in the garage
there is 1 brand new 36 gallon in the garage
there is 2 of the 40 gallon ones also in the garage

got quite the collection going of free stuff :D

#27 · (Edited)
Ordered new wiper cowl end caps today

$24 after shipping for both pieces

The rubber was just gone nono

Once I figure out the right size, I'll be ordering a black billet antenna and also a black billet Bowtie like the lml has

Once I get the complete kit from Extensive I'll be able to verify the gauge OD before I order a single gauge pillar pod

Truck will also be Debadged which will also include the rear bowtie

Bumper Auto part

Bumper Auto part

Red Helmet Trunk Automotive exterior Bumper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.