GMC syclone.. - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gas Burners Discussion of anything Gas powered.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 08:18 PM

i guy i knew used to work at a car auction lot and he said the typhoon was by far the best most powerful car he got a chance to drive

'01 2500HD LB7, 4"Rancho lift 18" Pro Comp rims with 35" Toyo MT, 4" straight pipe into 5" round tip stacks, K+N Intake, Quadzilla Stealth 2 on 90 HP, Nicktane Cat fuel filter adapter, Uniden PC68XL CB, Whelen Four strobe light bar
rollin on 285s on stock rims for the winter
Husker Diesel - 402-502-6961
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 08:29 PM

i wanted one when i was in my s10 craze till the cheapest i found was 9k an it was wrecked

JOHN
06 GMC 3500 LLZ slt SRW cclb,DSP5 by KORY

www.TROLLPERFORMANCE.com
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 08:33 PM
oldschool

raced one with our 454SS truck back when they came out, cool trucks I always wanted a typhoon

2007.5 LMM CHEVY CC LT Z71
FabFour bumpers, Rancho 4in w/Bilstiens, full Kryptonite steering with Cognito braces and trac bars,35x12.5 Toyo R/T on 20x10x4.5BS KMC Monsters
[BANKS intake,dual exhaust,intercooler]Diamond Eye down pipe, AFE tube, res. plug, PCV mod, 4094avnt, 60% over nozzles, PPE race valve & fuel pickup, AirDog 150, Fitch fuel catalyst
Mike L. SCIV w/1056 C3 oiler, EFI live, Duramaxtuner DSP 5, Edge Insight, ProFab manifold/up pipes & 3" short bridge/boost pipe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 02:47 PM

i own a syclone. very fun, not comfortable. im 6'2'' and long trips suck. and they are money pits, and sucky to work on.. besides that, friggin fun haha

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...z/HPIM0150.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...z/HPIM0165.jpg

2005 gmc sierra 2500hd
banks intake, EFI live. 20" pro comps, with 35''s. 4" trailmaster lift kit. mbrp 5inch exhaust with 7" mbrp tip, diamond eye dp, afe mp. automete pro comp gauges. Fabtech tie rod ends. fluidamper balancer. egr blocker, pcv reroute

1991 gmc syclone
77 ford f150- the mud slut
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 07:42 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackyoudip View Post
Any of y'all ever hear about these? There were about 3000 made in 1991 and 3 made in 1992. It was like a race version of the gmc Sonoma with 280 hp pumped out of a turbo v6. They ran around a 13 flat quarter mile and to this day is the fastest production pickup ever made? Any body know much more about these?
this is not an insult but i'm guessing the third digit in your birthyear is an 8? as in 1984 or something? i was like 16/17 when these came out..wanted one sooo bad. one of the car mags had an article on it called the $90,000 sting. compared it to a ferrari or something. performance numbers were nearly indentical but the syclone was $90,000 cheaper. they gave the edge to the syclone cuz it could hold like 11 kegs of beer and the ferrari could only hold 2. cracks me up cuz i wouldn't have remembered this if it weren't for that keg part

Wayne
Woller Farms Sellers, IL "we raise hell, pays the same as grain (nothing)"
04 GMC SLT cc/sb LB7 "big golden delicious"
s&b intake, banks exhaust, II silver bullet turbo, proflow headers, EFI live by bobo, ATS duel fueler, II 45% overs, ADII 165 lift pump, suncoast trans and ml converter
04 Chevy ec/sb LB7 "arrival blue lithuanian truck"
banks intake, silverline dual exhaust, EFI live DSP5 by Idaho Rob, BD diesel trans pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike diesel View Post
well yea bitch, i like duramax forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinelvis11 View Post
i'll let you use anything i got except my wife and my truck; it's too easy to throw a rod in either one):h
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Its just a worktruck

A guy had a Typhoon at one of my buddies former lawncare accounts. It would melt the tires real good I know that. Never got to go for a ride however. Those were some cool ass trucks!

06 LBZ EC/LB 4x4
Built Motor/Trans Bullseye s475/87/.9 45% Injectors Stock CP3 Built and Tuned by Blackout Performance 11.76 @ 115
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Waldo

Send a message via Yahoo to oxeicher
They're a bitch to work on. We spent a month trying to find a boost leak. Parts aren't the easiest to find for them either.

-Waldo-
2004 Chevy 3500 4x4 LL7Allison 1000
EFI Live by Houser
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 07:59 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

My uncle had a syclone that i wanted to get from him so bad but he traded it away. Reg cab, awd, turbo they are pretty sweet!!

A family friend has a typhoon thats pretty cool to but i would much rather have the syclone.

07 LBZ White crew cab
Thanks Scott @ SDP Twins
Josh @ Fully Spooled Motorsports
Rob @ ATP
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 06:19 PM

I had a 93 typhoon. I had a bigger turbo and with 18 inch street tires I went 13.0 with 175k miles on her. What a beast 0-60. Mine was 0-60 at 3.8 sec. Needless to say there were alot of butt hurt sport cars and muscle cars out there and mine wasnt all that hopped up. With just a simple stock vortec head swap they were low to high 11 sec trucks but.............................the tune was were it was at. There have been guys that took a stock truck and tuned the hell out of it and were running mid 12's stock. They were real PITA. when they ran good they ran like a raped ape. I picked mine up in NC and drove it back to DE with no issues. they hold there value really well. I had 17x on it when my wife drove it to the store and it caught fire and the insurance comp. gave me 9k for it with 17x on it. If you want a striaght up street killer then thats the truck for you.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 06:41 PM

My buddy has one that he brings out 2 times/year and rods the shit out of it. To this day one of the wildest rides I have ever been on.

Saw pics of a cool one online called "Syborg"
SEMA Showstoppers: The Syborg – Stance Is Everything - It's all about how it sits

2007 GMC Classic CCSB, Cognito UCA's, Bilsteins, GT Diesel Trans, DuramaxTuner.com EFI Live
1994 6.5 Blazer (needs a heart transplant)
"Boyhood dreams die hard, and good sense be damned..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode