Anyone Else Have Japanese Sports Cars? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gas Burners Discussion of anything Gas powered.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Garage
Anyone Else Have Japanese Sports Cars?

Does anyone else have a Japanese made sports car (or a few like me )?

I grew up in a family where everyone had either trucks or muscle cars, but I also earned bad grades in high school, so as "punishment", I had to drive an '82 Civic Wagon around that I bought for $350 with a blown engine (had to rebuild to drive of course). And, like most people, I worked on what I had, which then I built an affinity for Japanese cars along side my liking for what I was raised around. Skip ahead 20 years, and now all of my cars come from across the Pacific aside from my 2 trucks.

So I figured I'd share what I currently have, and see if there are any other like-minded people in here.

My "racecar" is a 1996 240SX. I only have pictures of before I stripped it down and caged it (where it sits now, still getting it back together). Still building a 2.2L stroked 4 banger with an EFR 7163 turbo on E85. Old setup was right at 400whp, but the new build will be governed around 480-500whp to fit my class (TT1 in NASA) depending on final weight.

New engine bay paint (and interior/cage):

My daily driver (and car I bring to the track because I don't like "not racing") is a 2007 Subaru Legacy Spec.B. Bought this for family safety that wasn't boring to drive. Probably should have gotten something else, but it is what it is.

And my weekend cruiser and future drag strip fun car is an imported 1990 Skyline GTR. It's mostly stock atm, but I'm already collecting parts for the engine build, which will be a 2.8L stroked twin EFR setup.

'06 Chevy 2500HD LBZ: Exploring & Towing (Cognito Lift Kit & 33s, but mostly stock)
'90 Nissan Skyline GTR: Weekend Fun
'96 Nissan 240SX: Road Race Car
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec.B: Daily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 08:06 AM

Garage
Nice collection!

I had a 98 Impreza 2.5RS that I swapped an 07 WRX engine with STi Turbo, right around 350hp. Was caged and I ran autocross, hillclimb, and time trial with it. Drove it on the street as a daily driver for a few years, then someone rear ended me and almost totaled it. After that I only raced it and trailered it to events. Loved that car but unfortunately had to sell it about 5 years ago. May try to buy it back when I have time for that again.
Attached Images

DRW Member #124

Current
2006 Suburban 2500 with 8.1L and 4.10s in the very very very early planning stages of being Duramax swapped

Past
2006 LLY 3500 Dually, Stock except 4in exhaust - SOLD 8/15 with 454830 miles and still running strong.

Last edited by camaroz1985; 08-02-2018 at 08:08 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz1985 View Post
Nice collection!

I had a 98 Impreza 2.5RS that I swapped an 07 WRX engine with STi Turbo, right around 350hp. Was caged and I ran autocross, hillclimb, and time trial with it. Drove it on the street as a daily driver for a few years, then someone rear ended me and almost totaled it. After that I only raced it and trailered it to events. Loved that car but unfortunately had to sell it about 5 years ago. May try to buy it back when I have time for that again.
Bad ass! One of my good buddies has a 94 L with an EJ20K swap and 6spd. It's a blast to throw around! Hillclimbs are my favorite type of racing. I used to do it in my old 92 240SX before I pulled the engine for the new 240, but plan to resume hill climbs once it's finished. I also used to rally cross in a Celica Alltrac I no longer own as well; I miss that car a ton.

'06 Chevy 2500HD LBZ: Exploring & Towing (Cognito Lift Kit & 33s, but mostly stock)
'90 Nissan Skyline GTR: Weekend Fun
'96 Nissan 240SX: Road Race Car
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec.B: Daily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 06:47 PM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
I'm mostly into the Z cars. Have had a few Z31's. Last one made well north of 600whp. Also, don't do the 2.8 setup. Just find a RB30 block and do that instead. Much better, a lot cheaper and more reliable .
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 07:21 AM

Yep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode