Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

JWC's - EZ GO Golf Cart - Build Thread

56K views 333 replies 28 participants last post by  jwcgmc1985 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

here is my EZ GO golf cart thread to show slow progress of my new projecto', that they were going to trash at work once they robbed everything they wanted off it.

current plans:
Predator 670cc (with $60 off coupon)
chop the top and bring the roof much lower
replace the bottom seat
figure out a new front piece to replace what isn't there
new wheels and tires
figure out the rear end body part
lighting
hitch
re-skin a few parts
possibly blast it and let er' rust

lift kits and drop kits are cheap but for something I want to use around the yard (like pull my agri-cart) or cruise to the gas station, or even take to a truck show I don't want to limit myself because I lowered it :)

and I don't want to put $$$ into air ride.

You might wonder why, well one of the reasons why I want to work on something so small is i'm tired, tired of playing with full size trucks, I have too many, they get expensive, so I want to tinker with something that won't.....consume me!

Golf cart Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Mode of transport

Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Auto part Automotive wheel system

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Golf cart Jeep

See less See more
#4 ·
1-leaf springs up front :teehee
Kryptonite mods?

#7 ·
Badge was on the front.

#6 ·
I’m in

#11 · (Edited)
well bummer,
I was just guessing, as you see some with a sticker out there.

Did you look under the seat, driver's side, near the wheel?
I guess you've been all over the dash and drink holder area.
How 'bout on the frame, under the Driver's side?
Under the driver side fender skirt?
In the glove box opening

'56 Che Vee?

Attachments

#12 ·
I’m in!

#14 ·
HP tuners ;)

Took the day off to use some days before It gets stoooopid at work again, so I went and picked up the engine, and I was impressed with HF and how organized and clean the store was....I definitely want to go back

They gave me an extra 20% off if I bought the 1 year extended warranty on top of the 90 days *(excluding the 2 year emissions warranty), so basically 15 months of coverage, as well as my $60 off super coupon

So I went for it, and picked up this 13 dollar bin set as well...since I had a coupon and I like storage spots

Currently working on removing a less utilized work table in the garage so I can move other stuff around to have a work area INSIDE for the old marathon

Machine Electric generator Automotive tire Auto part Gas

Technology

Hammer drill

Vehicle Bumper Car Automotive exterior Auto part

Technology Electronic device Toy Office equipment

#17 ·
You mean like the L5P that would never be tuned. Period.

[emoji6]

/sarcasm_off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sierraluva
#19 · (Edited)
Just because I like being random:
I was looking at the cart *(been working in the garage to make room for the cart), anywho, I was looking at the cart and I'm pretty sure I'll be trimming the front fenders back, leaving the front open, and doing whatever necessary to the rear so that I can fit a 22" tire on an 8" wheel without having to lift.....sort of like 37x13.5r22 stock height.

If I can stick with a similar offset and not get hub killers, I think it could work

Current tires are 16-16.5" iirc

Thoughts?

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Synthetic rubber

#20 ·
My daughter and I built a Club car a few years back. We use that thing all the time.

Here are a few pictures. There is one to show what it was like when we first got it.

Attachments

#22 · (Edited)
They are 17" with 4x100 lug pattern off a wrecked Civic. I picked up the wheels, tires and locking lugs at a yard sale for $60.

We did have to fab up some custom front spindles and 2" wheel spacers to keep them from rubbing the body. You can sort of see them in this pic from the local Christmas parade a few years back.

The back was easy - Cut some 4" blocks rounded off to conform to the axle tube and added longer U-bolts. The original brake pedal cable was a little tight / short, but I relocated the bracket to get some more length.

Mine is 48v and I wish it was a gas burner, but for what I have in it I am happy. (<$2000 and a few hours of my own labor)

The zebra stripes are hand cut vinyl stickers, so I can peel them off very easily to change up the look.

Attachments

#26 ·
finally got the garage how i wanted it, so i could get the golf cart situated

started with:
removing the roof
cutting the broken rear tray out
removing the motor from the differential

someone told me to rob the shaft out of the electric motor before trashing it, but the shaft in the diff is a 19 spline which i have seen online how it can be used with a 12 tooth sprocket

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automobile repair shop Automotive design

Automotive exterior Gas

Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive tire Auto part Fender

Floor

Auto part Vehicle Engine

#30 · (Edited)
ordered a motor plate from GoPowerSports.com to save time and make it easier

Bumper Automotive exterior Compact car

you can see the passenger side rear brake cable is in the way, it will need to be removed and replaced with a longer cable or alternative (in case the cables need to be the exact length)
Wood Metal

throttle linkage is out
Floor Auto part

Rear brakes
Pipe Rust Auto part

Rust Pipe Auto part

#31 ·
after factoring in the tire size i'm going with (20x10r10) and what i can do with the leaf packs (since block and longer u bolts and BAM its lifted out back), so if needed i can raise it, but i need the motor to sit no lower than the bottom of the diff.

Wood Floor Metal

the lawnmower has a 20" tire so it was a good opportunity to take a picture,...
Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Tractor Automotive wheel system

going to remove this big old honkin' muffraw' and end up getting some stubby pieces and make my own exhaust unless i can find a good setup for cheap!
Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Carburetor Automotive super charger part

Auto part Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Vehicle

Motor vehicle Engine Auto part Vehicle Automotive tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.