Sensors going haywire - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Question Sensors going haywire

Hi there,
2009 Silverado 2500 HD, about 250k, 4x4, automatic.

Since about 2 months I'm having problems with sensors reporting problems which don't seem to exist.

At first it was the 'Check tire pressure' on left front wheel, said it is completely flat, but it wasn't. While driving the pressure of that tire, as per dash, increased to higher pressure then the front right wheel. Happens more often lately.

2 weeks ago the "Service Airbag" warning came on additionally to the tire. That's a constant warning now.

1 week ago the "Service Traction control" was added to the lineup. This one is still intermittent.

I haven't hooked up the code reader yet to see what shows. Was wondering though if this is a common problem with Sensors going haywire and maybe points into a certain direction of faulty electrical?
Oh and maybe by coincidence before all this started the driver side window (electrical) didn't want to roll down, rebooted the truck a couple times, didn't help. Next day it worked again just fine for whatever reason.

The truck had no work done to it in recent years, wasn't in an accident, wasn't under water and wasn't tinkered with for all that we know, tires haven't been changed in about 1 1/2 years either. Just saying, to rule out any recent mistakes which could cause all this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:46 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Voltage and ground issues can cause many ghosts unrelated to the spook-ee sensor.

Might try the basics, load test the batteries separate from one another, check grounds.
Failing batts (or 1 in the pair) can cause all kinds of weird things to pop up.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 01:26 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyblueskies View Post
Hi there,
2009 Silverado 2500 HD, about 250k, 4x4, automatic.

Since about 2 months I'm having problems with sensors reporting problems which don't seem to exist.

At first it was the 'Check tire pressure' on left front wheel, said it is completely flat, but it wasn't. While driving the pressure of that tire, as per dash, increased to higher pressure then the front right wheel. Happens more often lately.

2 weeks ago the "Service Airbag" warning came on additionally to the tire. That's a constant warning now.

1 week ago the "Service Traction control" was added to the lineup. This one is still intermittent.

I haven't hooked up the code reader yet to see what shows. Was wondering though if this is a common problem with Sensors going haywire and maybe points into a certain direction of faulty electrical?
Oh and maybe by coincidence before all this started the driver side window (electrical) didn't want to roll down, rebooted the truck a couple times, didn't help. Next day it worked again just fine for whatever reason.

The truck had no work done to it in recent years, wasn't in an accident, wasn't under water and wasn't tinkered with for all that we know, tires haven't been changed in about 1 1/2 years either. Just saying, to rule out any recent mistakes which could cause all this.
it could be a lot of different things and without more to go on its hard to narrow them down. Given the truck is not that old, and the apparent wide spread nature of the issue my best guess would be a ground distribution issue, most likely a floating ground at the BCM. Id check the battery terminals for corrosion / loose lugs and check the frame, engine and body grounds for the same.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode