DPF delete and tuning - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By denarli6.6
  • 1 Post By NewGuyJosh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

DPF delete and tuning

So I upgraded my edge cts2 insight yesterday to an evolution, so from a monitor to a tuner. When I tried to put a tune in the truck, it says that it’s not stock and I have to return it to stock before I can tune. Whatever tuner was used is no longer with the truck (I bought it this way, no cat and no DPF. 4” straight pipe) Contacted edge and they say their products don’t support deleted vehicles. Any way around that so I don’t have to buy a different tuner. If not, are there tuners that can work around a deleted truck. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 07:44 PM

What year and model truck? Each series and between some years in the series different ecm s were used.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Silverado LTZ
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 08:23 PM

You will have to get a tuner that supports non-emissions trucks. I'd get my CTS2 back if i were you to monitor the truck and get EFI-live tuning for it. There are companies that support non-emissions for off-road only. Do some searching on here and you'll find a company that'll fit your needs.
Jbeck1986 likes this.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Reverse level with Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100 all-around
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Off-road Only
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 06:13 AM

I am/was in the exact same boat as you and I flipped out after finding out about all the epa BS. I scrambled and spent over a grand on efi live- tuning -5 way switch, trans tune and the edge monitor.

I found a few people with efi live autocals and tunes on (insert auction site here)....

I have yet to install the efi live as the truck has been getting all new front end parts installed but the tuner is next.

I will keep you posted- but don’t fret, there are several companies north of the border that you can still turn to.

Epa- GO TO HELL!

Try regulation on shit-sludge, bunker oil burning ships that pollute the earth more than all the vehicles combined.... assholes!
Armus likes this.

2008 Gmc CC 2500 6.6l- deleted, 5inch exhaust- cold air box intake- FASS - tuned but no clue which one! 130k miles and hauls balls but guzzles the green.

Just bought CTS2 and EFI LIVE w 5 way switch- in the mail!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode