Edge CS2 monitor gauge - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Edge CS2 monitor gauge

Looked around and this seems as good a place as any for this question. If I'm wrong (again) please move to the proper place.

Just received my Edge Insight CS2 monitor. Not a tuner, just for monitoring engine performance.

Per the users manual, I went to the website and registered the unit. Think I did. Got an answer something like, "Thanks for registering. We'll be in touch soon." What the hell does that mean? It's been like 3 hours and nothing. These things are usually automated and you get an (almost) instant response.

Then I downloaded and installed the Fusion software. It immediately went online and downloaded/installed an update - as big if not bigger than the original download. I open the Fusion program, per instructions on page 10 of the manual, and click on "Create a New User" - - - and get a message that says,
"Please follow the instructions provided by technical support.
The system cannot find the file specified.
Edge Products Tech Support: (an 888 number)."

I call the number provided and get a message saying the call cannot be completed at this time, please try again later. Tried this 3-4 times.

Is there a secret to dealing with Edge Products and using their software? What is it?

2007 GMC 2500HD Classic LBZ 4x4 extended cab standard bed
single stage tow/economy tune; EGR blocker plate; AFE Magnum air intake; Magnaflow exhaust; LT265/75R16 tires on stock rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 06:24 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Ive called them 2-3 times and Customer Service was always there to help asap. Perhaps you called when it was not their business hours?

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 10:50 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

The fusion downloads can take sometime doing, Iíve had several taking 30+ minutes.
Itís the beginning of the holidays they might be shut down until after Thanksgiving probably until next Monday if you canít get thru.
I donít think the ďweíll be in touch soonď meant theyíll be giving you a call, what they meant.
Maybe go back thru the procedures or just hook it up to your truck and see what happens.
Remember when it starts up itíll show for FORD, DODGE or GM/Chevy vehicles, select what you have then confirm what you selected.

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B."BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 05:51 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Send a message via AIM to monkeyman
you will get instant response from Edge using Facebook messenger

To many vehicles to little time! New LP5 owner first 2017 GMC Denali Duramax
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Finally got thru to Edge this morning after several tries. More problems or missed communications there but the end result is that they got me fixed up and everything is working.

Once I got Fusion working/connected there was a pretty large update to the device.

I did do what D_R_C suggested and hooked the monitor up to the truck and set it up while I was waiting for tech support to respond. That went smoothly but - - - maybe this will change now that it has been updated - - - there were some big differences in what the dash gauges were showing and what the CS2 was reporting. I will probably be back asking about that with more specifics (and maybe a photo) after I use it and get more used to it.

monkeyman - - - I don't do facebook.

Thanks to all that responded.

2007 GMC 2500HD Classic LBZ 4x4 extended cab standard bed
single stage tow/economy tune; EGR blocker plate; AFE Magnum air intake; Magnaflow exhaust; LT265/75R16 tires on stock rims
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 10:03 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Just remember once you get the pids/gauges you want in the areas you want.
If you unplug the Insight when you plug it back in make sure you select your vehicle make when it turns on and confirm your selection.
If you donít it goes into default settings loosing your selections, then youíll have to start all over with your selections.
Itís a learning experience on what that little device can do ďgood luckĒ.

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B."BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 02:18 PM

If itís the engine coolant temp, that will be different. Actual cts temp will be in the 180Ė190 range whil gauge in truck read 210.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode