Edge CTS2 Monitor review - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

4Likes
  • 4 Post By Epicenter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2020, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Edge CTS2 Monitor review

I finally decided to get a CTS2 for my 2019 3500 after more than a year of thinking it's a "toy, I really don't Need it", my truck is new. Edge ran their annual holiday sale again so I ordered one with the free 2 day shipping. Very easy set up/config and install. I spent about an hour looking on line at what others monitor and configuring mine to show what I wanted on the two screens. I have to agree it is a novelty for the most part, watching the Turbo Boost, Really? Yes, the cool factor is definitely there! Beyond that I have grown to like the second screen I have set up full of boxes of digital read outs of temperatures from my intake all the way through my exhaust. I really bought it being forward thinking for when I'm pulling my trailer or RV and the ability to force a Manual regen if needed and monitor the additional parameters is were the real value of this tool comes in.

Today for the first time it was fun to watch my first passive regen as I was driving to work and seeing the temperatures work and "flip" normally the exhaust is hottest right at the turbo, midpoint sensor I selected is a little cooler (CAT/DPF), and the last sensor (after the DPF) is a couple of hundred degrees cooler than the turbo sensor. These are all approximations and yes they all vary depending on conditions, Load, etc so I'm just speaking in in general terms (Number cruncher, L5P Nerd types and Technicians need not reply). What was interesting this morning was watching all those numbers move around as the DPF soot percentage dropped over the period of my 25 minute drive, at points the turbo exhaust was 625 and the post DPF was 1100 (ie Flip above where the Turbo is "normally" hotter). All stuff I would have no indication is going on if all I had was the DIC to monitor activities. I'm looking forward to learning more about the functionality and monitoring capabilities.
D_R_C, mray, Muzbomb and 1 others like this.

Thanks,
Epicenter

Daily Driver -
2019 GMC 3500HD SLT Crew Cab SRW 4x4 Z71
All Stock, No Mods planned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2020, 10:23 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

You have injector balance rates and a records section that keeps the max numbers on what you have selected, you can clear to start over again as many times you want.
Along with all that other stuff to monitor making sure all is well, with PID high number warnings that you can set your own values.

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B."BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe, DHD PCV Re-Route, AirDog 4G100
Castrol Hypuron/Vecton 15W40 synthetic blend oil
Donaldson P550832 2 qt oil filter

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 09:41 PM

If EGT4 was at 1100f, I believe you were in a real Regen. I have 5k miles on a Banks idash, and highest EGT4 I have seen, even towing up hill, is 600f when not in active Regen.

2019 Silverado 2500 4WD, Cajun Red
Michelin LTX M/S, bed liner, Alum bed box
Boost mirror turn signal jumper
Trans cooler grill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 10:12 PM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
I just wanted to say thanks for the review, I have a 2003 and I was thinking about a Edge myself. Mainly to watch injector balance and set my own maintenance schedules. Doubt I ever really change any tunes, except for increased economy, I have plenty of power and my truck engine is stock. Im like you though the COOL factor is there! Is it worth the money heck yes, you cant take it with you! Again thanks for your review.

2003 2500HD LB7,Fass Titanium, Leveled with Zone Offroad C32N 3" Adventure Series (UCA) Lift System With Black Nitro Shocks, Magnaflo 5" Welded, Fleece Airhorn
K&N with stock airbox, Center-Lok Overhead 2 Gun Rack,
Rear window 2 Gun rack, B&W Goose Neck Hitch, Ranch hand Brush guard, Behind the rear seat 2 gun rack. (Yes I have lots of guns), Fass Filter delete under the hood, Nerf Bars,PPE Boost Valve.

Stock wheels with 265/75R16 (soon to be replaced)!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 12:16 AM

I'm interested as well. How much did it run ya?

2008 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab Z71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode