LED headlight suggestions - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6686L View Post

On low beam, outstanding light pattern (obviously used when there is opposing traffic)...on high beam, nearly as bright as the landing lights on my aircraft - great for "down-the-road" safe driving.
Well you have made some pretty wild claims here but this one takes the cake.

If you want to learn about the restrictions on automotive lighting this is the source... As you will find if you do your due diligence your "aircraft" lights are on a different planet output wise.

https://www.govinfo.gov/app/details/...ol6-sec571-108

2020 GMC Denali 2500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa Dave View Post
Well you have made some pretty wild claims here but this one takes the cake.

If you want to learn about the restrictions on automotive lighting this is the source... As you will find if you do your due diligence your "aircraft" lights are on a different planet output wise.

https://www.govinfo.gov/app/details/...ol6-sec571-108
you know your answering an old screwball.anything pre 2016 the lights suck.case in point,,my fiend has a 15.5 denali and says my lights are way better.
as for leds,,my cadi has led head lights and they are awesome.
Busa Dave likes this.

2002 GMC 2500HD, ECSB, 4WD, LB7
new style gm exhaust manifold, banks big head wastegate, PPE boost valve, banks air intake,high idle switch in cruise control, stock but not for long
EFI live tuned by me now,dps5 switch,EGT probe and autometer boost sensor,SoCal 6spd conversion

2016 GMC Denali stock for now
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc502 View Post
you know your answering an old screwball.anything pre 2016 the lights suck.case in point,,my fiend has a 15.5 denali and says my lights are way better.
as for leds,,my cadi has led head lights and they are awesome.
Oh yes I realize that lol his landing gear does not go up all the way if you know what I mean. . My 2020 Denali is LED and are the best lights I have had on any vehicle so far (even better than the wife's 2019 BMW LED's). This includes several that were factory HID and the 2018 F250 Platinum that I got rid of for this one. (INJECTOR PROBLEMS).

2020 GMC Denali 2500

Last edited by Busa Dave; 12-22-2019 at 11:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 06:13 PM

666 you have mental health issues,,get some help,,do us a favor,,don't help us w/ your all knowing wisdom.

as said before,,oem lights suck,,do anything to make them better.

new style gm exhaust manifold, banks big head wastegate, PPE boost valve, banks air intake,high idle switch in cruise control, stock but not for long
EFI live tuned by me now,dps5 switch,EGT probe and autometer boost sensor,SoCal 6spd conversion

post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-23-2019, 06:27 PM

Checkout Headlight Revolution where they test different bulbs in actual housings. They have a lot of videos full of some very good info.

https://www.youtube.com/user/HeadlightRevolution/videos

2006 Express 3500 Ext. 4" Turbo Back Exhaust, bye bye kitty and ruffler. EFI Live. Custom made air intake with dry Aem filter. TDK bumper.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-25-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6686L View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please find another forum to express your hostility issues. Your anger is causing you to make posts in here that are in conflict from one sentence to the next, with the end result you are not helping folks learn more about their trucks.

(for those who havnt paid attention...this is the guy, who in the same post, tells us he dosnt like OEM headlights, but then tells us about a buddy with a 2015 truck who says his 2002 lighting is better).
thats right old senile one,,2002 had hid conversion,,but you know everything.poser
not hostile at all,just stating your way of posting old long tirade one.

feel free to regurgitate others people info

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-25-2019, 04:02 PM

From his posts I believe that his Lake Amphibion went underwater starving his brain of oxygen for a prolong period of time.

269 Bob
2019 Chevy 2500HD Midnight Edition
SW Mich.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode