Oil Pressure Sensor - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Oil Pressure Sensor

Im working my way thru a P0652 code problem. The 5V ref2 is 0 volts. I have disconnected every sensor on that circuit save one. For any of you who have actually ever disconnected the oil sending unit, how in the world did you get the connector off?. I can touch it with two fingers but no more. Motor mount disconnect? Oil filter housing removal?
2007.5 LMM
Thanks for any info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 09:10 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
It has a center tab lock to lift and release to pull.
Are you underneath or inner fender liner removed and reaching in from the side well?

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

I removed the liner because that is what was recommended. But, now that I know where it is, I cant even see it from the wheel well. Thats why I'm wondering if the motor mount has to come out. Underneath I can see it but cannot do much more than touch it. I think I can change it from underneath with socket and extentions if I can get the connector off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 01:55 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

You want to do this because you are testing to see if your EOP sensor is shorted on your 5v reference?
  1. Turn OFF the ignition for 30 seconds or until the ECM powers down.
  2. Disconnect the accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor.
  3. Turn ON the ignition, with engine OFF and measure the voltage from the 5-volt reference circuit of the APP sensor 2 to a good ground with a DMM.
    • If the voltage measures 4.7-5.2 volts, replace the APP sensor.
  1. With the DMM still connected to the 5-volt reference circuit, disconnect all other components connected to the 5-volt reference 2, one at a time.
    • If voltage changes when one of the above components is disconnected, replace the component.
  1. Test the 5-volt reference 2 circuits for a short to ground or a short to voltage.
    • If no problem was found in the 5-volt reference 2 circuit, replace the ECM.

Ron Nielson
2008 Silverado LT, CCLB, Edge Insight CTS
2009 Arctic Fox 29-5T, Silver Fox Edition, Onan 3600 LPG generator
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Yes, of the 5 items on the circuit the EOP is the only one left. Intentionally left for last because of the above mentioned access issue.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Ok so i made a tool with a coat hanger and after a few tries and some force I was able to get the connector pulled off. 5V2 ref still zero. Thats all 5 sensors disconnected so on to ECM. Not looking good.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 11:56 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Quote:
Not looking good.
Not too bad at Rock
OE reman has the same warranty (24mos) as new.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...438268&jsn=464

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 09:32 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

And now ECM about $280 after rebate at Amazon for refurb.

Ron Nielson

Last edited by Ron Nielson; 08-09-2019 at 09:38 AM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Thanks for that info. Some of you guys on here may have changed out ECM but it sounds a little hairy to me. The description on alldatadiy is far from just swapping parts. Hard to get good info on the ecm swap. On top of that, I also heard ill have to buy another dpf delete tune if I swap ecms. I dont know if any of that it true.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 01:26 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

For sure you will have to have your new ECM programmed so that it works with your truck and it's modifications, and if you need a DPF tune, keep that in mind. But physically, it's just a parts replacement. You can buy pre-programmed ecm's that will have the DPF delete included, and then it would be just a parts swap. If you buy new from say Amazon, then you need to get the tune added elsewhere.

Here are a couple of important statements from ALLDATADIY:
Important: Before removing the engine control module (ECM), use the scan tool to capture the ECM data. This captured data will then need to be restored into the NEW ECM.
and at the end of the procedure,
If a NEW ECM was installed, program the ECM. See: Testing and Inspection\Programming and Relearning

Ron Nielson

Last edited by Ron Nielson; 08-09-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode