6K views 42 replies 20 participants last post by  SS_Sean 
#1 ·
New stripe on hood. What do you think?

See less See more
#3 ·
Don't like it. JMO

This post has been deleted
#10 ·
I live in an oilfield town, with 90% of all pickups being company white. Wife didn't want to look like another #$%&*&^%^$ white company truck so....

Attachments

Reactions: reddogg12
#18 ·
Old guys dress for comfort.
No one left to impress, and no desires to do so. :rofl

Reactions: sambor
#23 ·
My opinion is the ONLY person who has to like it is the OP................

But I happen to like it as well.

#24 ·
I agree but if someone doesn't want different opinions then it shouldn't be asked.

#31 ·
Well I'm a big fan of the old SS stripes on the GM's from back in the day too. This single stripe looks very good on the hood. Much better than the duals.
That's my opinion and the rest of you are all just flat-out wrong!! :biggun

#32 ·
Phony black panels came stock. Pain to clean. I like the stripe on the OP's hood. Clean design and it fits the hood well. Did you paint it or is it a decal?

This post has been deleted
#37 ·
GM has gotten so stupid about those winter fronts. Travel with a guy that gets a new truck each year. They made make them damn near impossible to put on.

My 2013 chevys I put the top on like they want it, but bungie cord the bottom so I can easily adjust the air flow.

I loved how easy my 2010 GMC front was designed. Slid down both sides of the grill. I could adjust flow just by tucking in the top and bottom.

Reactions: 1TRIKHD
#38 · (Edited)
Yep, when I lived in Fairbanks I had a 79 Bronco. Used to put a sheet of cardboard in front of the radiator with a 4 x 4 hole cut in the center to let a little bit of air through. It fit right between the AC Condenser and the radiator. Cheap, worked perfect.

Also swapped out the thermostat from 197 degree to 212 degree. Made the heater work SO much better when the temps were real low.

#39 ·
Thanks for the positives and negatives, fellas. I really wasn't sold on this but its growing on me. I really like that SS style stripe on the white truck. That looks killer.

#41 ·
Not a big fan but if you like it, I'd suggest doing the roof and tailgate to match. IMO, doing just the hood looks a little like a car with one fender a different color.

#43 ·
Uh... no. That would look ridiculous... IMO. It's not really a stripe, it's more of a 'blackout' for specific indentation in the hood. So such indentation on the roof (only truckers could see), and the tailgate.... IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.