2020 spotted at Coastal Carolina Fair in Ladson, SC - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By HWI
  • 1 Post By rstingen
  • 1 Post By Work Truck Fanatic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

2020 spotted at Coastal Carolina Fair in Ladson, SC

I know there are plenty of photos of 2020 GMCs on the forum but this is the first one I've seen in person. I was impressed. So impressed that I stopped to look at the Chevys because so many have said how they don't like how the looked. IMO they look a lot better in person.
What I really liked is how the engine sounds. It was very smooth. They were just for display so I didn't get to drive one. Since I don't need to buy one yet that's probably a good thing...
Attached Images

Low End Torque gets work done
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 07:55 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

I got passed by 2 of them on I-10 this morning. 2 company trucks, one following the other. The one if front looked like an LTZ and the one in the rear was a High Country. Also parked head-on to one last week at lunch. WT I think.

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew - Original owner - 407,000 miles so far. All stock with the exception of a lift pump and Donaldson filter
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 06:40 AM
HWI

Even in person I think the 2020 Chevy is the ugliest truck on the road, only thing that comes close is the Titan. I'm a fan of the look of the GMC, if I was in the market for a new 2500/3500 I would not even look at the Chevy.
BOWTIE67 likes this.

06 LBZ CCSB
With some stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

I agree the GMC looks better. The Chevy with the bowtie looks better than the one with the word Chevrolet written across the grill.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWI View Post
Even in person I think the 2020 Chevy is the ugliest truck on the road, only thing that comes close is the Titan. I'm a fan of the look of the GMC, if I was in the market for a new 2500/3500 I would not even look at the Chevy.
I was in this camp early on also, but the more i look the less i like the GMC. I do not like the shape of the wheel wells and the lights in the fenders. I'm also not a fan of how far back into the grill the headlights look.

The Chevy is growing on me, i have never seen a vehicle that looks so different in photos vs. in person. I know a lot of people do not like the looks of the Chevy, but to me, it is an aggressive look and really makes the '19s look (i am going to get flamed for this) wimpy. The stance on the new trucks looks aggressive as well as the grill/front end. But...to each his own!!!

I have seen about 6 of the Chevy's on the road and 2 GMC's. A friend of mine sent a picture of a Chevy CCLB WT in white, that i haven't seen in person.

Now be nice in your responses!

-Mark

'02 2500HD DMAX LB7/ZF-6, LS, Onyx Black, CC/LB, 2WD, G80
VA 0-70-110 Smart E Box, H2 Wheels w/ 315x70-17 BFG T/A-KO, Kennedy 4"-5" Exhaust,
ISSPRO EGT/Boost gauges, Go Rhino WTW Nerf Bars, Line-X, SBC SMF/SD Flywheel, Ceramic/Kevlar Clutch,
TTT Mirrors, BrakeSmart Brake Controller, B&W Turnover Ball & 5th Wheel Companion Hitch

430k miles and still running great! (5/19)

'04 Wildcat 29BHBP 5th Wheel Camper (Sold)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 02:55 PM

I just put 800 miles on my 2020 High Country in the mountains of NC. All I can say is WOW.

The performance, torque, handling is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. This is my first diesel and I’m overwhelmed, of how much fun it was.
DMaxRocks likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

I'm thinking about switching brands once I'm done with my current truck and the Chevy is on the top of my list. By the time I am ready, th 2020s will have been on the market long enough to be proven.
DMaxRocks likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode