Delete options - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Delete options

I bought a 14 lml Duramax about a year ago and have been having non stop problems with the emissions. What's the best route to go about deleting? Not looking for a lot more power. Was told I can get a delete pipe and a tune but looking for more advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lboody View Post
I bought a 14 lml Duramax about a year ago and have been having non stop problems with the emissions. What's the best route to go about deleting? Not looking for a lot more power. Was told I can get a delete pipe and a tune but looking for more advice
Glow harder FBI

2003 Silverado 155K. S&S stock SAC injectors, Kennedy dual lift with mega filter, aFe intake, the rest is bone stock.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 02:03 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

A first post that asks for delete advise is suspicious around here. If you really want advise then look to previous posts.
D_R_C, carhauler and Durtynuby like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 03:05 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durtynuby View Post
Glow harder FBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizterwizard View Post
A first post that asks for delete advise is suspicious around here. If you really want advise then look to previous posts.
Just gotta ask, Do you guys assume the EPA is so dumb that they are unaware of the search function on the forum? Or better yet, that they cant throw a bot at the forum and just scrape all the data they like? Plenty of information from every user here is buried in the history of this forum, no need to entrap anyone. Even deleting all your posts would not matter as the data's all cached by google anyway and likely exists in multiple database backups im sure the site hosts make. Basically, if the EPA is going to use this forum to screw people, you're already screwed.

I think its much more likely that all the diesel guys who have been thinking about it for years hears about things changing and decided to jump on the band wagon but thats just me.

To the OP, assuming you are not an EPA troll, which personally i think is unlikely, your only option without knowing a guy who knows a guy is to go through Canada for your tuning and parts. If you dont plan to do the work yourself, you will struggle to find someone willing to accept the liability.

This same information can be found on literally thousands of posts on this forum. Given people are very hush hush as you have no doubt seen already, you may want to use the search feature to find more information. There are several posts with your exact same question with the information you want from just the last few days.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Ok well let me change my question... Being someone assumes I'm a epa idiot. My pickup keeps going into a "limp mode" and with hauling all the time it gets old fast. I'm assuming the filter is plugged so I was just looking for a way to cure the problem and a delete seems to be the best way to go. I plan to do the work myself just looking for advise on which tuner and tunes to go with.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 03:12 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Ok well let me change my question... Being someone assumes I'm a epa idiot. My pickup keeps going into a "limp mode" and with hauling all the time it gets old fast. I'm assuming the filter is plugged so I was just looking for a way to cure the problem and a delete seems to be the best way to go. I plan to do the work myself just looking for advise on which tuner and tunes to go with.
what codes are you getting? limp mode under load is more likely a fuel issue then an emissions issue and a delete would not fix that.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

No it pops up as service emissions system. Blank miles till limited speed and goes lower and lower like it's out of def but that's not the case. It's always cured itself until now.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J83 View Post
Just gotta ask, Do you guys assume the EPA is so dumb that they are unaware of the search function on the forum? Or better yet, that they cant throw a bot at the forum and just scrape all the data they like? Plenty of information from every user here is buried in the history of this forum, no need to entrap anyone. Even deleting all your posts would not matter as the data's all cached by google anyway and likely exists in multiple database backups im sure the site hosts make. Basically, if the EPA is going to use this forum to screw people, you're already screwed.

I think its much more likely that all the diesel guys who have been thinking about it for years hears about things changing and decided to jump on the band wagon but thats just me.

To the OP, assuming you are not an EPA troll, which personally i think is unlikely, your only option without knowing a guy who knows a guy is to go through Canada for your tuning and parts. If you dont plan to do the work yourself, you will struggle to find someone willing to accept the liability.

This same information can be found on literally thousands of posts on this forum. Given people are very hush hush as you have no doubt seen already, you may want to use the search feature to find more information. There are several posts with your exact same question with the information you want from just the last few days.
To answer your question. Yes I think the EPA is pretty dumb.
mizterwizard likes this.

2003 Silverado 155K. S&S stock SAC injectors, Kennedy dual lift with mega filter, aFe intake, the rest is bone stock.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 04:28 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durtynuby View Post
To answer your question. Yes I think the EPA is pretty dumb.
Fair, but if you think the only way they have to access your information on this forum is to entrap you into making a post..... well.... you would not be right.

The odds of this guy being a new legitimate member looking for help is many times higher then the odds of him being a deep cover EPA agent looking trying to connect forum names to vin number or something.

Googles spiders are constantly indexing this forum, as well as every other site online to keep there search engine results up to date.

This forum is run on a database of some sort, assuming that the people running this site are not completely, and totally incompetent, that database is regularly backed up for disaster recovery or roll backs ect.

I guarantee you neither would hesitate to comply with a legal request for those records.... not that that would be needed, since the entire contents of this site since it launched is publicly available via search engines....

Once you put something on the internet, no matter what it is, or how fast you delete it, it will be there forever if you know where to look.

Last edited by J83; 12-12-2019 at 04:34 PM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J83 View Post
Fair, but if you think the only way they have to access your information on this forum is to entrap you into making a post..... well.... you would not be right.

The odds of this guy being a new legitimate member looking for help is many times higher then the odds of him being a deep cover EPA agent looking trying to connect forum names to vin number or something.

Googles spiders are constantly indexing this forum, as well as every other site online to keep there search engine results up to date.

This forum is run on a database of some sort, assuming that the people running this site are not completely, and totally incompetent, that database is regularly backed up for disaster recovery or roll backs ect.

I guarantee you neither would hesitate to comply with a legal request for those records.... not that that would be needed, since the entire contents of this site since it launched is publicly available via search engines....

Once you put something on the internet, no matter what it is, or how fast you delete it, it will be there forever if you know where to look.
My initial post was more or less a joke. But now at least op has an idea that delete questions are most likely going to be answered the way they have in the past.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in