Help to get Smoother Ride for 03 Crew Cab - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAXfirefighter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cm3dmax View Post
Installed the jounce bumpers and lowered the front 1 inch (10 turns). Do the angles look better? The ribs of the CV boots aren't touching anymore. Seems to ride a bit better but could just be psychological. The true test is to have my wife and daughter ride in it.
Angles do look better, so I would run with that for a couple weeks and see how you like it. Ultimately that's an answer only you can come to, since its your truck and your comfort level. Between the lower tension on the torsion bar and the jounce bumper being in place now, its bound to make some difference.

I thought about the jounce bumper when I looked at your picture, but in my truck that didn't seem to matter much-but I'm a lot lower than you are as well
Thanks. I’m going to get an alignment and drive it like this for a couple of weeks and see. But, I feel it’s on the right track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLY Cat View Post
The GM front suspension was designed so that the LCAs are resting on, or at least touching the jounce bumpers. They are an integral part of the suspension and if they're not adjusted right the truck will ride poorly.
Thanks. The LCAs aren’t quite touching but are close like about 1/4”. I’ll drive it for a while and see if it settles more.

2003 Chevy 2500HD LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 12:45 PM

Good thread, thanks for the info guys. To the OP, my truck sits just a tad lower than your original pictures (I'm about 1/2" lower in the front compared to the rear) and I like the ride. Not harsh at all, just HD-feeling. My main concern is balljoint wear for my truck and I want to go a little higher, so I'll be looking into the Zone 3" lift sometime this year. If you like the height of yours, definitely go with the Cognito upper arms, they'll correct the balljoint angles and make changed BJs much easier down the line.
Cm3dmax likes this.

2003 CCSB LB7 GMC 2500HD D/A 4x4
Bought in '19 with 214k miles
Bully Dog tuner
Pro Flo exhaust
Leveled with Bilsteins
305/55/20 Falkens on LML 20s
Ranch Hand
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 03:54 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cm3dmax View Post
Thanks, I'll take a look at the cab mounts.

Don't forget about the cab mounts. My truck's suspension is all stock, no lift, no nuthin'. I am running 265s over the factory 245s though. I changed my cab mount bushings a few years ago. Night and day difference in ride. I used the rubber OEM type replacements, not the poly ones.
Cm3dmax likes this.

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew - Original owner - 410,000 miles so far. All stock with the exception of a lift pump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode