Highest miles, over 200k, on a stock engine - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Highest miles, over 200k, on a stock engine [Now allowing injectors & fuel pump]

There are a number of threads about high mileage but I wanted to start one for all Duramax engines that are stock, unmodified, unrepaired. Who have at least 200k miles on a stock engine, fuel pump, injectors, turbo, and everything else attached to the engine. The only repairs permitted are regular maintenance, belts, hoses, idler pulleys, & tensioner. Nothing else attached to the engine.
Edit: Now allowing injectors, fuel pump, and accessories not required for the truck to get you home. Example: You can drive without power steering, AC, or an alternator (until the batteries die)

The only modifications permitted are lift pump, tunes, deletes, bypass filter, exhaust, Mobile DelVac/Transynd. Edit: Also, anything that would probably never need to be replaced like an intercooler or boost tubes, intake, etc..

I have an '08 2500 LMM with 235k miles. Very little towing and nothing heavier than a scissor lift, but the truck weighs 11k lbs and rolling on bigger tires, 285/75-16. I have not done anything to the engine but oil and filters. The belts, hoses, coolant (yeah, I know) are still stock. Actually the only thing not stock are the SSBC (R.I.P.) front calipers, rotors, air bags, Timbren jounce springs, wheels, shocks, and rear sway bar. I've also switched to Mobile DelVac transmission fluid using the Hoot method at just before 200k. Even the hubs and steering components are original.
jdwarren likes this.

Last edited by Nitro Junkie; 01-10-2020 at 12:18 PM. Reason: To be more inclusive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 11:12 AM

Garage
Probably not the highest miles on the forum but......

My 2007 Silverado Classic 3500 LT3 CCLB SRW LBZ just rolled 341k.

The engine and transmission are all 100% stock. Zero mods other than aftermarket wheels, Airaid filter, class 5 receiver and new AC Delco u-joints.

Not tuned, deleted, bypassed, stock fuel system, stock exhaust, stock steering, stock front end components.
Nitro Junkie and jdwarren like this.

2007 Silverado Classic 3500 SRW CCLB LT3 LBZ
All stock with @341k+ and still going.

Last edited by theheder; 01-09-2020 at 11:30 AM.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheder View Post
Probably not the highest miles on the forum but......

My 2007 Silverado Classic 3500 LT3 CCLB SRW LBZ just rolled 341k.

The engine and transmission are all 100% stock. Zero mods other than aftermarket wheels, Airaid filter, class 5 receiver and new AC Delco u-joints.

Not tuned, deleted, bypassed, stock fuel system, stock exhaust, stock steering, stock front end components.
You take care of that LBZ and it'll get twice that many miles.

I got 244k out of an LML, that's a lot for that turd.
onetigger725 likes this.

2012 3500 4X4 CCLB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 02:15 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Enter @long-time-dmax

2017 Silverado 3500 LTZ (Summit White) | CC SB SRW | Z71 | Duramax L5P | Undercover Ultra Flex bed cover | Draw-Tite front receiver | AIMS 3kw inverter-charger | Titan Travel Trekker 50-gallon auxiliary fuel tank | Reese under-bed FW/GN rail kit

Last edited by jdwarren; 01-09-2020 at 02:17 PM.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Are theheder and I the only ones? That's not very encouraging. I'm glad I at least have all the front end components, belts, hoses, idlers ready to go. I just have to find time. Hopefully my truck doesn't decide to make time for me.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 08:09 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

Bought a bone stock 06 LBZ with around 390k. It drove around ok but had no power if you accelerated hard. Everyone was saying it needed injectors but it was the injection pump. EGR System was in place but I removed it at the same time as CP3. Original turbo, injectors, transmission etc. So there is some evidence of the completely stock engine and transmission making it to nearly 400k, although the CP3 probably needed replaced before that.
Nitro Junkie likes this.

2006 Silverado 4x4 CCSB LBZ, 410k, EGR delete, S&B intake, 4" exhaust
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 08:17 AM

I checked with a friend of mine that's not on the forum. He now has 371k on an LBZ. It's deleted and running a lift pump. He swears by Schaeffer's, runs their motor oil and fuel additive.
Nitro Junkie likes this.

2012 3500 4X4 CCLB
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwarren View Post
Doesn't look like that guy's posted anything in a year. Too bad, I'd like to know how his truck is doing.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 10:18 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Junkie View Post
Doesn't look like that guy's posted anything in a year. Too bad, I'd like to know how his truck is doing.
According to his profile he was on just a few days ago. If I recall correctly, he has a mostly-stock LB7 with over 400k miles. But I'm not sure if he's disqualified from this thread since he's gone through a few sets of injectors, like most LB7 owners at those high mileages.
Nitro Junkie likes this.

2017 Silverado 3500 LTZ (Summit White) | CC SB SRW | Z71 | Duramax L5P | Undercover Ultra Flex bed cover | Draw-Tite front receiver | AIMS 3kw inverter-charger | Titan Travel Trekker 50-gallon auxiliary fuel tank | Reese under-bed FW/GN rail kit
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

I saw he logged on recently but if I was looking at what I thought I was looking at, he hasn't posted anything.

I didn't think many would post since most guys have either had to replace something or modified their truck but, I'm really surprised there are so few.

I think I'll edit the OP to be a little more inclusive. Since injectors are such a common problem, I'll allow that and the fuel pump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode