Any one using the Dieslefuelfilterkit? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Cool Any one using the Dieslefuelfilterkit?

Need to know if any one with a LML has or is using a dieselfuelfilterkit.com kit? I would like to put one on my truck but don't know of anyone that has one in use. I like the idea of using the cat fuel filter and the water separator before the fuel gets to the stock filter. Please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 02:11 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Sounds like an infomercial lead-in from a new join.

'Search' will find lots of comments on 'em, over the past several years, including their misleading filtration specs....and more almost duplicate Ad posts as yours. It's okay for what you get, but it's not a complete install kit. Use some Baldwin filters on the heads and it'll do.

If You're not their live spambot, you can easily piece together your own kit, BTW.
A proven and reliable JK pump, some baldwin/Hastings/kitty 1-14 thread filter head bases, some fuel line and clamps. voilŕ!

And for reasons based on how FWS filtration works, you can do just fine with a single aux filter head pre pump, turning your stock filter location into a secondary filter (as long as you a quality filter there, that doesn't lie about specs) and prolong the life of said filter, making changing 'em far less frequent.

Some ideas;
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/d...-pump-kit.html

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

no infomercial here just want to feed clean fuel. I was looking at your idea of building my own as the price seemed high for what you were getting and I can make my own bracket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 04:41 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
The JK deluxe kit comes with a bracket mount that has room for an aux filter head base for your FWS.

Complete kit, everything included.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 05:52 PM
HWI

If I was looking for that type of set up I would definitely go with Kennedy, lots of folks run his set up with little to no complaints.

06 LBZ CCSB
With some stuff.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

do you have a link for Kennedy
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 08:52 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

A single pump kit for your LML;
https://www.kennedydiesel.com/detail.cfm?ID=766

Add a single filter base for your FWS filter (Baldwin BF1212) mounted pre-pump, on the included pump mounting plate. Seems to be hard to find these Hastings in stock, but it's also repackaged as the Napa 4770 or the Wix 24770.
https://www.fleetfilter.com/filter/24770.html

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 11:21 AM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by June McCollum Heck View Post
Need to know if any one with a LML has or is using a dieselfuelfilterkit.com kit? I would like to put one on my truck but don't know of anyone that has one in use. I like the idea of using the cat fuel filter and the water separator before the fuel gets to the stock filter. Please let me know.
for like 20 bucks more why not get the tried and tested FASS or AirDog system?

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in