Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Beastly: A Story About A Truck

118K views 859 replies 68 participants last post by  Blue06Sierra 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, figured others have threads to chronicle there builds, I might as well to. Keeps all my crap in one place at anyrate. I've had my truck about 8 months now. To date I have installed done the following:

Debadged/Demould
Plasti dip rear bumper, front bumper, grille, GMC emblems
Nicktane fuel filter adapter
EGR Blocker Plate
Moog Problem Solver Inner Tierods
MA Tierod Sleeves
AirdogII 165
Locking DSP5 Switch
EFI Live /TCM Tuned by KW
Denali Headlight Retro
Insight CTS w/ Pyro
MA Pump Rub Fix
Transgo Jr
Fumoto Oil Drain
DHD Brace
2" Wheel Spacers on Rear
MA Transfer Case Brace
Built Trans
Moog complete UCA's
Moog lower ball joints
Moog sway bar endlinks
Moog pitman
Moog idler and support assembly
Kyb shocks on all corners
3" drop shackles
Removed Running Boards
Swapped Tail Lights To Chevy Tails
Replaced driver side tow mirror
Headgaskets/ARP Studs
Thermostats

Ill edit later and post pics of the day I bought Beastly, up to present day.

So today I came home early from out of town for a wedding. Low and behold, what do I find? Dsp5 keyed switch, and a slip for a parcel. So I eagerly ran down to the post office and picked up my package. My sleeves and AirdogII 165 have arrived :) Now I just need the autocal to show its face.

On a sad note, my inner tie rod on the drivers side is starting to look like it needs replacing. So I may end up getting rid of the sleeves and going straight for some Rare tie rods or a full brace kit that includes the rare rods.

There may not be as frequent updates as some, but I hope some find it interesting at least and maybe do the same for there truck :)

See less See more
#2 ·
#6 ·
Blocker plate installed a while back. Needs to be tightened more apparently

New toys arrived! Dsp5 lockable switch

AirdogII 165

Tie rod sleeves. These might be up for sale in the near future so I'm not opening or breaking the factory seal, enjoy the box :p

#12 ·
Well, my airdog is here, arrived last week. Same with my dsp5 switch and MA sleeves. However, my autocal is MIA for now :(

Oh well, guess I'll settle for what I have. Tomorrow (I still haven't gone to bed so I'm calling Friday tomorrow lol) I'll work on getting my dsp5 switch installed. Next, hopefully I'll get the airdog in. I'd attack the sleeves, but since my driver side inner tierod is pooched, I'll have to price a new one out and try to install it Saturday after the rear pinion seal, which will HOPEFULLY come out this time so I can replace the seal and crush sleeve.

Pics after I get things in :thumb

#13 ·
Changed my mind. Airdog can wait till Saturday. Picked up a pair of moog inner tierods, replacing both sides at once, and throwing the sleeves on. Then I can take on the AD first thing in the morning.

So dsp5 switch, tierods, sleeves, and rear pinion seal today. Airdog tomorrow.

Glad we got that straightened all out :)

#14 ·
DSP5

Moog inners and MA sleeves

Airdog is on hold, I just don't have time today before drags. Truck needs a wash, wires for dsp5 need to be installed, and I need to grab some fluids for the front and rear diffs, there getting done the afternoon before I hit the strip.

Gonna be a fun night over all I'm thinking. GoPro is charged and ready to go :)

#17 ·
iSimple is the hardware I am using to connect my iDevices. Since as you know, we have no aux inputs in our trucks.

Where I live, XM radio is garbage, so with my iSimple I upgraded to Sirius Satelite as Pandora is not available in Canada. However, Pandora is available for the iSimple.

I also now have Bluetooth through my iSimple, a USB port that I can plug my iDevices into or other audio sources, and it came with the 3.5mm plug and RCA stuff...which I didn't bother putting in. You can see the USB port installed in my previous post.

The kit I got was ISGM655. Google that for more info. It's worth noting that with this system I was able to keep the use of all my steering wheel controls. I am very happy with the system as a whole. It was easy to install, and though it will glitch from time to time and reset itself, I have only had to actually use the reset button once.

#16 ·
Looks good Joker

#18 ·
Thanks. I'm pretty happy with it myself. Couple more cosmetic things to do and I can call it done:

Black out tails and 3rd brake
Dip/Powder/replace steps. Amp power steps would be nice, but I'm thinking of just yanking them off entirely to clean up the lines of the truck.
Black wheels
Morimoto retrofit

My last truck was about chrome, I'm sick of chrome. This truck is not going to shine at all. Silver and black. It will have purple and yellow thrown in down the road, just need to figure out the best paint to use.

#19 ·
I hate chrome too. I painted over my chrome grill too

#22 ·
Looks like a great truck, man.

#25 ·
#27 ·
It's on my list of mods I will do.... My very long expensive list! I'm torn between fass and airdog

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.