What did you do to your Home/Property today? - Page 403 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

5223Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #4021 of 8830 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 09:17 PM
DuramaxForum Guru

Picked this up today.
Complete assembly required Got it all together though. Picked up a nicer spray gun for it too, kinda like a pressure washer gun. Since the Deere has a controllable 12 volt plug, I also got a 2 prong quick connect extension cable and 12 volt male to 2 prong connection to make things easier. It came with a long cable with an online switch and alligator clips... That's nice and all but the battery is at the very front of the mower and didn't really want to deal with that. Thinking of figuring out a way to mount a spare 12 volt battery I have sitting around to the front of it so Susan can use it without even bothering to hook it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk
1TRIKHD likes this.

2015 CC/LB DRW 3500HD LML LTZ Blk/Blk #284 Stock for now ~ on the hunt for 19.5s.
2012 CC/SB 2500HD LML LTZ Blk/Blk PPEI tuned & deleted ~Traded~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4022 of 8830 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 10:02 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
Ouch! Get better.
Had the P.E. teacher in Elementary school, (60's) Tried to somersault over kids, didn't made it twisted to missed them--- Broke his neck, they fused it together. He walked straight and tall when he got back, about a year or so later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev'sDmax View Post
Jumping on trampoline I was a good 5' up, daughter deflected toward me, looked down and saw her right under me.
Sacrificed myself, tried landing with a super wide stance and rolled ankle bad. No break though, so hopefully I will be good soon. But it does still hurt more than fractures I have had in the past, so we will see...

Ken
2016 Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4x4 Crew cab
post #4023 of 8830 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 09:14 AM

Planted some more of the wife's hibiscus's.

2001 2500HD 4WD EXTENDED CAB LS,
S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, BANKS INTERCOOLER PIPE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.
2011 GMC 3500HD DUALLY Welding Bed, 4WD CREW CAB, 4" downpipe back exhaust, def delete, egr delete, with new LB7 up pipe, pcv reroute, Fass 150, EFI live with DSP 5, HSP CAI. Air Lift Air bags. PPEI transmission tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4024 of 8830 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 10:48 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Watchin' the rain.
Finally!
30 sumpthin days of triples baking us down to brown lawns.
3 inches this morning so far, not even enough to make the ditch out front flow, but all the plants are smilin'

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #4025 of 8830 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 07:24 PM
DuramaxForum Guru

Put up some shelves in the bedroom & fixed a leaky toilet.

2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE CC/SB 4x4 LMM
EFI Live, Edge Insight CTS, Flo~Pro 4" DP back exhaust w/ muffler & stock trumpet tip, Turbo resonator delete plug, Alum. bleeder screw, WIF sensor delete plug, Fumoto oil drain valve, Pacer LED cab lights, GM dually light bar under tailgate, Footwell lights, Cobra 29 WXNWST CB radio, Wilson 2000 CB antenna, Kenwood speakers, GM chrome oval running boards, Bilstein 5100s, Michelin Defender M/S on PY0 wheels, Rubber mud flaps, Curt class IV hitch
post #4026 of 8830 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 05:51 AM

Wife canned 50 quarts of tomato juice and 30 quarts of green beans yesterday.

S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, BANKS INTERCOOLER PIPE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.
2011 GMC 3500HD DUALLY Welding Bed, 4WD CREW CAB, 4" downpipe back exhaust, def delete, egr delete, with new LB7 up pipe, pcv reroute, Fass 150, EFI live with DSP 5, HSP CAI. Air Lift Air bags. PPEI transmission tune.
post #4027 of 8830 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
Wife canned 50 quarts of tomato juice and 30 quarts of green beans yesterday.
Wow, not many people do that anymore.

I can remember my grand mother had a room off of the kitchen full of canned food. She would do a lot. She even went out and gathered wild plums to make preserves out of. My great aunt did the same and she had a summer kitchen to do that in that was all screened in.
post #4028 of 8830 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameo View Post
Wow, not many people do that anymore.

I can remember my grand mother had a room off of the kitchen full of canned food. She would do a lot. She even went out and gathered wild plums to make preserves out of. My great aunt did the same and she had a summer kitchen to do that in that was all screened in.
Yeah, just about a lost art. I grew up around hear on a large farm for this area and we canned everything even meats and fish, sometimes picked upward of 100 gallons of blackberries. I live in my grandfathers house that I purchased shortly after I got married it's over 100 years old and has a decent sized cellar that we keep our canned goods in. We've never had to buy any beans, corn, potatoes, greens and several other goods since we've lived here( 30+ years now). It's a lot of work and sometimes I think it's cheaper to buy but have the satisfaction of carrying on a tradition. My grand father even smoked and cured a lot of his own meats which I do some but on a much smaller scale as the old smoke house is gone and I just have one of the smaller electric smokers. We even ground our on cornmeal when I grew up boy how things change in a hurry. I'm not an antique yet but sometimes feel like it, I like to compare growing up here to the Walton's as they're a lot of similarities although there was no depression or anything like that but just a large farmhouse and 10 kids and grandma and grandpa next door.
830king likes this.

post #4029 of 8830 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 05:19 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
When ya grow up hungry in the depression era, it changes your whole way of thinking when it comes to sustenance and the work involved in canning/smoking, putting up food for the hard/lean times to come.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #4030 of 8830 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 06:03 PM

Garage
I can't imagine not having the shelves of canned and dried food and the freezers of home grown beef and pork. It's a lot of work but is totally self-sustaining. The only down side is the blasted deer and elk always thinking we're growing it for them.

07 GMC Sierra Classic (LBZ) Duramax Dually Crewcab 4X4, FASS Titanium 95, Ohio Diesel Parts Tank Sump, bypass engine oil filter, synthetic lubes; 84 Chevy 6.2L 1.25 Ton (Army CUCV) with Banks Sidewinder Turbo and Gear Vendor's Overdrive; 83 Chevy Suburban 6.2L 4X4; Retired Journeyman Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode