What did you do to your Home/Property today? - Page 603 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

4646Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #6021 of 8128 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 08:27 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harnold View Post
Ah ok, I assumed it was something they put up to tell you there was mail in there
With the flag up they know that if they don't have any mail for you that day they will stop and get the out going mail, otherwise they will just bypass it.

2001 2500HD 4WD EXTENDED CAB LS,
S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, BANKS INTERCOOLER PIPE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.
2011 GMC 3500HD DUALLY Welding Bed, 4WD CREW CAB, 4" downpipe back exhaust, def delete, egr delete, with new LB7 up pipe, pcv reroute, Fass 150, EFI live with DSP 5, HSP CAI. Air Lift Air bags. PPEI transmission tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6022 of 8128 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 02:19 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Ya might of heard, we've had a bit of a heat problem 'round here of late.
Straw hat survival gear was starting to look a bit shabby, brim starting to shred off the stack.
So I broke down and decided to order up a new replacement....a fedora style Panama gangsta hat with the 4" wide brim (keeps my Red Neck in check).

This is what I received....in a plastic envelope, smashed flat as a pancake.
Some kind of clown hat with a 3/4" brim.

They offered to let me keep it and refund 20%.

My online review....it's still in the 'awaiting approval' column.
Attached Images

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #6023 of 8128 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TRIKHD View Post
Went over to the father in laws and install him a new mailbox post and locking box, since people started stealing their mail
I'd be more afraid someone would steal my mailboxes I put up. Heck they can keep the bill from my liar aka lawyer. Finally the neighbors took down that POS mailbox. What a freakin eye sore.

Have you missed me? I had been involved in a guardianship case over my mother. My pr**k brother thought he was going to get it. LOL he f'd up his case and nearly got a contempt of court and $10K sanction. He folded and gave up last week. I got full guardian of the estate (property, money, etc.) and my sister got guardian of the person for healthcare. Yeah nearly $15K in lawyer bills later. I have no idea what he pissed away. Probably more than that. The way his liar was doing subpoena's and depositions.

Lately I've been salivating over buying this '86 Fleetwood to haul mom around in. The underside is in excellent shape. From North Carolina. About 45K miles.

I did get new Good Year Wranglers put on the truck. Very nice.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6024 of 8128 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 02:54 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Hook, that looks more like a Pimp hat to me, flattened or not.

09 GMC SLT Dually
Steel Gray Metallic
All options except sunroof

Mods so far:

Alcoa 19.5s with Michelin XZE, Centramatics,Tow Mirrors, Chrome Grill Overlay, Rear underseat storage, Mudflaps all corners, 20% Window tint, 6" Oval Steps, B&W Turnover Hitch, B&W Companion Hitch, Sulastics, GM Campaign #PIT3009J, Wireless Console Charging, Bilstein 5100s, Raptor 3602RL
DF DRW Club Member #161
post #6025 of 8128 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 02:56 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
@Cameo
Those things just float like a cloud on down the road.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #6026 of 8128 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
Ya might of heard, we've had a bit of a heat problem 'round here of late.
Straw hat survival gear was starting to look a bit shabby, brim starting to shred off the stack.
So I broke down and decided to order up a new replacement....a fedora style Panama gangsta hat with the 4" wide brim (keeps my Red Neck in check).

This is what I received....in a plastic envelope, smashed flat as a pancake.
Some kind of clown hat with a 3/4" brim.

They offered to let me keep it and refund 20%.

My online review....it's still in the 'awaiting approval' column.
When I lived near Fort Wayne, IN I bought an Amish hat that you see them wearing in pictures. There were numerous Amish people living in the area.

Now when I am out mowing in the yard wearing the hat I get some strange looks like what is that Amish guy doing using a mower. LOL Nice hat BTW.
post #6027 of 8128 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
Hook, that looks more like a Pimp hat to me, flattened or not.
All he needs is some dice. Also get his truck re-painted with that glitter paint. Aka pharmacy truck. Pimping doesn't pay as much.
Attached Images

post #6028 of 8128 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 03:13 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

When they were filming "The Alamo" (not the Duke version) years ago on Riemer's ranch, just outside of Austin, I made a lot of trips out to the remote site with materials.
Amazing to see the size of the Construction going on, building a complete San Antonio de Bexar AND the complete Alamo compound, not just the small chapel that remains today.

So hot it was that Summer, most of the crew were wearing these enormous straw hats with a brim as wide as your shoulders.
There was a roadside vendor on the way out there, with various types of imports and such. One thing he had there were these big hand woven straw hats from Guatemala.
They would take and dunk 'em in a barrel of water, soaked up with water, then on the head they went.
When/if they dried out, barrel dunk again.

I bought one for a friend in Construction....he said they caught so much wind, it became a flight hazard up on the roof to wear.

post #6029 of 8128 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
@Cameo
Those things just float like a cloud on down the road.
It took me forever to find one that is decent and with a cloth interior. I absolutely hate leather.

I looked at this one a few weeks ago up near Chicago. From the picture it looks okay. I kept asking them to send me some underside photos. Criminey I looked under that thing and it looked like the SS Titanic from being submerged in salt water. The vinyl roof was sort of sun baked and the leather interior too. Have you ever felt hard leather. I don't think a case of Wolfgang leather conditioner would do much. Then they wanted almost $14K for it. Oh hell no! Skip the test drive. Not sure it would make it back. Much less out of the driveway.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cameo; 07-23-2018 at 03:18 PM.
post #6030 of 8128 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 03:20 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameo View Post
All he needs is some dice. Also get his truck re-painted with that glitter paint. Aka pharmacy truck. Pimping doesn't pay as much.
I saw a ricer the other day, painted Pepto-Bismol glitter pink and it looked like they cleaned out the complete spoiler inventory from JC Whitney, with crap attached all over it.

But the crown jewel that made it special?
Custom plates that read......BEYONCE
wtf?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode