What did you do to your Home/Property today? - Page 718 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

4649Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #7171 of 8130 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 12:02 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameo View Post
My sister once had a dwarf rabbit that she let loose in the house. It was potty trained to use a container with cat litter in it. Every morning it would usually hop up the stairs to her bedroom and run back and forth across the floor trying to wake her up to feed it. It didn't like anyone picking it up. It would make a grunting sound. It liked carpet by ripping up the nap or chewing on furniture legs. It finally got a tumor I believe and passed away. Cute little rabbit. It was black and white. If you laid on the floor it would come up to you and sniff around and check you out.

Probably better than a monkey I heard someone had. Criminey they would put it in a room when they left and the monkey would get pi$$ed and tear it up because it wanted to go to.

My father traded someone for a spider monkey when I was young. We kept it in big cage. The only person who could hold it was my sister. I guess because she had long hair and it would play with her hair. It wasn't very big as I recall. I don't even know what happened to it. My father probably traded it with someone for something.
Ha these are pretty good but they stay outside.
My uncle has a cockatoo, it's vicious to anyone it doesn't know, says get out and chases and bites.
His 2 staffy dogs just laze around and the cockatoo is the security guard.

RHD 2013 2500HD Silverado WT Regular Cab
Deleted, FASS 150, Moonshine by Tony, Ally Tray, 20in Dicks, All Terrains, LEDs, Lowered and pissing off local drivers daily due to my size
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7172 of 8130 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 12:03 PM

We lived on a farm when I was young and we would take the big rear tractor inner tubes and blow them up and used them to jump on. That was our poor version of a trampoline I guess.

I remember one day we were inside and one of them was laying out in the sun and it exploded. Guess it was lucky were weren't jumping around on it. Kaboom.

We all probably got an a$$ whipping by my dad.

My brother and I one day decided to make cookies. Mom was on the phone. The propane gas oven had to be lit. We turned the gas on and a while later my brother lit a candle and I stuck it down to the hole to light the oven. Kaboom all I remember was a ball of flames and I jumped back. We ran outside and here came our mother with the paddle which got used quite frequently.
Deathpiggy and onetigger725 like this.

Last edited by Cameo; 04-02-2019 at 12:08 PM.
post #7173 of 8130 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 12:17 PM

The paddle had a shiny patina to it from being used often.

Even the car had one. One of us threw it out the car window one day. Mom looked all over for it. Only mother I knew who could drive and spank at the same time. The neighbor lady she used a bar of soap for cussing.

At grade school we all knew the principal had a paddle. That was word of mouth but never documented. For sure we didn't cross her.
onetigger725 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7174 of 8130 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 05:16 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Cut 100# of potatoes today preparing for planting.

2001 2500HD 4WD EXTENDED CAB LS,
S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, BANKS INTERCOOLER PIPE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.
2011 GMC 3500HD DUALLY Welding Bed, 4WD CREW CAB, 4" downpipe back exhaust, def delete, egr delete, with new LB7 up pipe, pcv reroute, Fass 150, EFI live with DSP 5, HSP CAI. Air Lift Air bags. PPEI transmission tune.
post #7175 of 8130 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 10:58 PM

Yep, our principal had a paddle with holes drilled in it and a small whip...for students who would laugh when she broke another ruler on their hands...Mother Theckla, what a name...evil nuns.

2016 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD, 4x4, white, stock.
post #7176 of 8130 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 02:23 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Got a new safe
Carpenter at work bought my old one for what I paid for it so win win
Put up new clothes line
Put a new battery in for the nextdoor neighbour
Attached Images

72blazer likes this.

RHD 2013 2500HD Silverado WT Regular Cab
Deleted, FASS 150, Moonshine by Tony, Ally Tray, 20in Dicks, All Terrains, LEDs, Lowered and pissing off local drivers daily due to my size
post #7177 of 8130 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 04:04 AM
DuramaxForum Guru

More wall prep in the kitchen. Getting ready to put some tape on it now.

Hoping the wife can paint by the weekend...... while Iím at work.

Joe
2008 CCLB LMM
13.39 @ 99.44 W/ 1.76 60í
456 HP 925 TQ

2003 RCLB LB7 stock but not for long
The life of my truck
Pics of my truck
post #7178 of 8130 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 05:44 AM

Garage
No work being done on the exterior with constant rain but interior is coming along.
Attached Images

The.Crawler
72 Blazer Rocks 47s
DD.TOW.RIG

06 LBZ DA4x4 CCSB 285s Gone
08 LMM DA4x4 CCSB 295s Gone
07 LMM DA2WD SCLB 245s
post #7179 of 8130 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 08:10 AM

Garage
Had contractors out to start the estimates on the Ice dam damages from this winter and deck repair, arggh. about 1/3 of the roof needs to be removed to get to the water damage over the master bed and bath.The last snow slid off the roof took out part of the back deck too, neighbors say it has not snowed like this in 30 years. I was going to replace the deck rails anyway as I am not a fan of the white PVC stuff, so now I have a bit of a kick in the rump to do it.

Did get started back on the Sauna to fine tune the interior have a few more trim pieces to do, need to finish with the changing room and deck for it but still too cold and wet to pour a slab.
Attached Images

onetigger725 likes this.

2003 GMC HD2500, 210K+ miles- EFI Live Tuned by [email protected] Ridgerunner. Fleece 100hp Injectors, Modified IHI Turbo 64mm P&P (yellowchevy), Mishimoto intercooler, PPE Ups and Down, ARP Head Studs, MA Push-rods, Airdog 100, 3.5" Turbo Horn, ported and polished some stuff , Full Flow ported Manifolds, Banks Brake, Banks Big Head (clamped off), Banks 4" Exhaust, Oil Centrifuge, fuel filter and intake heater delete...PPE Stage 3 Tie rods

My truck is 100% Solar Powered! Petroleum is made up of dead Dino's that ate plants, plants eat sunlight. My truck is Solar powered!

Diesel is non-GMO, made with free range animals, Non-RoundUp ready plants, no added colors or flavors- organic at the source, antibiotic free, steroid free...

Last edited by Deathpiggy; 04-03-2019 at 08:25 AM.
post #7180 of 8130 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetigger725 View Post
Yep, our principal had a paddle with holes drilled in it and a small whip...for students who would laugh when she broke another ruler on their hands...Mother Theckla, what a name...evil nuns.
I don't recall when it was I was talking to some former grade school student. Something took place between 3 guys in a class ahead of me. One of them told me when the principal got all 3 of them in her office she pulled the paddle out and laid it on the desk. The truth came out after that between all 3 of them. LOL

I was on a school board a number of years ago for 8 yrs. Now there is a worthless position. Now they have timeout rooms. I saw one room next to the grade school office one day and I asked what is that room. Why all of the floor trim was pulled off and torn all to hell. It was the timeout room. I don't know things aren't like when I went to school. A lawyer we had on retainer said oh yeah I can walk into a 5th grade and pick out the future law breakers. He said if you can't get buy in from the parents to discipline you might as well for get it. The teachers union didn't like me too well also. I think the feeling was mutual.

The school board was suing the city over a TIF (tax increment finance) area before I got on the board. The next day after I was elected this developer of the TIF area phones me. Say I probably can't talk to you after you take the office oath and be sworn in he said. I wanted to say oh just sent me a brown envelope in the mail. LOL meaning money for a bribe. The board president always told me I was going to jail as the treasurer. I said what for the Bahamas retreat I bought from the district's funds. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode